Scientific Software Developer Paid Co-op/Internship
- Posted: over a month ago
Selected Interns or Co-op students will support object-oriented C++ software development in the following domains: computer vision and image processing, image simulation, high power microwave systems modeling and simulation, laser source generation and effects modeling, computational electromagnetics (CEM), space situational awareness (SSA), high performance computing (HPC), and computer aided design (CAD) tools, among others.
The main requirements are that candidates be top-notch, responsible, self-motivated, honest, able to work well independently or in small teams, and be able to rapidly learn new languages, tools, and techniques as needed to meet mission requirements.
Applicants who convey a passion for developing quality code, through listed projects, a github link, or other software development experiences, will be given preference.
This is a paid cooperative/internship learning experience.
- Majoring in computer science, physics, math, engineering, or a related field
- Software development experience in C++
- Ability to implement, understand, and maintain mathematical and scientific software libraries
- Must be available for full time employment within a year of completing this internship
- U.S. citizen willing to undergo background investigation and perform some work at Kirtland Air Force Base
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Cross-platform software development on Linux and Windows
- 3D graphics using Open Scene Graph and/or OpenGL
- User interface development with Qt, Java Swing, or GWT
- Supercomputing, CUDA, OpenMP, MPI, threads
- OSGi, Orekit, or Apache Commons Math
- Image processing, imagery analysis, or computer vision
- Aerospace vehicles, orbital mechanics, electromagnetics, or space situational awareness
- Directed energy modeling and simulation
- Computer aided design (CAD)
A representative sample of your code will be requested early in the evaluation process, e.g. something you've written for work, for a class, or for fun. It need not compile, but should be long enough to help evaluate your programming and software engineering skills.
About Stellar Science: We are a growing Albuquerque-based computational science company seeking talented computer programmers to create and extend exciting scientific and engineering analysis applications. We maintain high standards in all our software development efforts, utilizing modern development practices including continuous integration, test-driven development, pair programming, and code reviews in order to develop high quality, maintainable, and reusable code. By employing a lightweight development process, we remain highly productive and responsive to changing customer needs.
Stellar Science is a forward-thinking business that allows its developers and scientists to work at home on occasion when consistent with job requirements. Standard benefits include ten paid federal holidays (which may be floated as desired), three weeks vacation, a generous fully employer-funded SEP IRA, and fully employer-funded health insurance, as well as dental, disability, and life insurance.
Stellar Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or national origin, in accordance with federal regulations.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?