Java Software Engineer for Scientific Applications
- Posted: over a month ago
About the Job:
Stellar Science software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how research scientists discover, run, and share results from massively parallel simulations. The Galaxy platform enables users to define complex simulations using an intuitive graph builder and then execute them with ease on a diverse range of distributed computing platforms. We’re looking for engineers who love solving complex problems in all areas, including database architecture, UI design, web API construction, networking, and security. As a software engineer at Stellar Science, you will work on all aspects of the platform, with opportunities to take ownership of large aspects of the codebase, as you and Galaxy evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate and construct tools to aid scientific research.
- B.S. in computer science, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Kotlin, C#, or C++, and Object-Oriented Design
- Experience using version control systems
- Enjoy learning new technologies and leading-edge development practices
- Experience with HSQLDB, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle database, or PostgreSQL
- Proficient with IDEs such as; IntelliJ, Eclipse, or NetBeans
- Contributing to open source projects, leveraging open source software development libraries
- Adept with using git vcs repositories
- Ability to efficiently search, refactor, and debug large projects
- Cross-platform software development on Windows, Linux, OSX, and supercomputers
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computer science, math, physics, or a scientific or engineering field with substantial software development experience
- Computational electromagnetics (CEM), high power microwaves (HPM), directed energy (DE)
- Laser source, beam control, optics, atmospheric propagation, and effects modeling
- Supercomputing, OpenMP, multi-threading, MPI, GPUs
Code sample or coding evaluation required.
Extremely flexible work schedule, hybrid workplace model, & generous benefits.
US Citizenship required + willingness to undergo a background investigation.
Active security clearance is a plus.
Must be willing to perform some work at government and/or customer sites.
Positions are in or near Albuquerque, NM - Tysons Corner VA (DC area) - Dayton OH.
Stellar Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or national origin, in accordance with federal regulations.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Stellar Science