HPC Applications Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Stellar Science is seeking an experienced HPC Applications Engineer to deploy and optimize software on HPC clusters for approved users; ensuring that our software tools run as smoothly and efficiently as possible for our customers.
- U.S. citizenship is required due to the nature of work performed
- Willingness to undergo background investigation and perform some work at Government sites
- B.S. in computer science, physics, math, engineering, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Three or more years of professional experience deploying and optimizing software on HPC clusters
- Proficiency in parallel programming frameworks including MPI & OpenMP
- Familiarity with programming in C, C++, or Fortran
- Experience using commercial parallel debugging and benchmarking tools (e.g. Allinea DDT, Arm DDT, or TotalView)
- Experience with CMake
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with software development teams to troubleshoot and remediate issues
- Mastery of a scripting language (Python or Bash preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Advanced degree in computer science or a math, science, or engineering field
- Expertise in C or C++
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD
- Experience working in space, directed energy, imaging, or other science or engineering domains
- Active U.S. Government Security Clearance
Stellar Science is a growing Albuquerque-based scientific software development company seeking talented scientists who are interested in helping create, extend, and apply exciting scientific and engineering analysis applications. This is a new position at Stellar Science and we are looking for individuals interested in helping define this role and mature our applications. Specifically, applicants must be motivated, excited to learn new tools, and willing to dive in and help wherever they are needed.
Stellar Science is a forward-thinking business that allows its employees to work at home on occasion when consistent with job requirements. Standard benefits include ten paid federal holidays (which may be floated as desired), three weeks vacation, a generous fully employer-funded SEP IRA, and fully employer-funded health insurance, as well as dental, disability, and life insurance.
Stellar Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or national origin, in accordance with federal regulations.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Stellar Science