Information Security Engineer
- Expired: April 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you enjoy learning about new technology and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to the Air Force and DOD customers? If so, then look to join the Stellar Innovations and Solutions team! The selected applicant will become part of an existing team, in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference.
There is a future for you here to support highly visible and strategic programs at SIS! You will realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly technical working environment that believes our people make the company great and we put them first in decisions to promote from within, host team building events and support a work-life balance. If you love technology and want a career making a difference supporting meaningful Air Force and DOD programs, then Stellar Innovations is the company for you!
Stellar Innovations & Solutions is searching for an Information Security Engineer responsible for enterprise-wide oversight and coordination of the information technology security efforts. This position is chartered with reducing risks and limiting exposure to liability and risk with regard to endpoint systems. This position requires a server administration background, policy, and process knowledge as well as skills and expertise with a variety of technologies. This position works onsite at the DLA Office in Columbus, OH.
- Perform sustainment on Windows Server and SQL Server platforms.
- Responsible for maintaining hardened server operating systems by following direction from DISA and USCYBERCOM.
- Responsible for providing support to the customer for issues relating to the Host Based Security System (HBSS) suite of products including Endpoint Security, Data Loss Prevention, Policy Auditor, Rogue System Detection, and others.
- Responsible for creating and editing technical documentation including guidance documents and standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for performing security and risk assessments of new technologies, objectively providing guidance and recommendations from an Information Security best practice/regulatory standpoint.
- Responsible for creating and modifying global security policies across the agency.
- Familiar with DoD regulations including TASKORDs, OPORDs, STIGs, etc.
- Perform audit reviews of guidelines mandated from DISA and USCYBERCOM.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of Global information security initiatives (e.g., Intrusion Prevention Systems, antimalware systems, etc.).
- Participate in Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) incidents.
- Participate in forensic investigations, providing guidance, and assistance, as necessary.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as required
Knowledge of and experience with implementation of security technologies and architecture, including network security, firewall configuration, intrusion detection, data loss prevention and application security.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement information security policies, procedures, standards, and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication with solid presentation skills are a must.
- Knowledge of security & risk frameworks, standards, and best practices.
- Experience in vulnerability management, including testing, scanning, and patching.
- Experience conducting and mitigating security/risk assessments.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines).
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team environment.
- Technical writing skills
- Seven (7) years of relevant IT experience
- Required to possess a DOD SECRET Clearance, and be eligible for an IT-II upon assignment.
- Relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 IAT level II (One of the Following)
- CySA+ **
- Security+ CE
- Relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 CNDSP-IS (One of the Following)
- Computing Environment Certification:
- HBSS Administrator
- HBSS Advanced
SIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
This position description reflects SIS's assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company's latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Get fresh Information Security Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.