Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
In this role you will be responsible for and assist with a variety of functions within the HR Team related to payroll and benefits administration. This role will be responsible for the overall operation and administration of our biweekly payroll for approximately 200 employees across the US, as well as, the day to day administrative task associated with the company benefits offered and paid leave programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Drive the biweekly process of payroll for 200 employees including processing bonuses, commissions, timecards, employee purchases, retro benefit deductions, garnishment payments, etc. through our HRIS system, Paycom.
- Work with the Finance and HR Team to maintain processes to meet federal and state payroll laws and provide advice and assistance with new state, location, position GL account setups.
- Prepare and maintain current payroll and benefits reconciliation reports and process any manual checks required.
- Responsible for calculation, preparation, and transmittance of monthly and quarterly federal and state tax deposits and unemployment and unemployment wage audits.
- Reviews submitted information, makes corrections, and responds to internal customers as it relates to earnings and deductions, tax profiles, benefits changes etc.
- Acting as a liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions as they relate to Payroll and Benefits.
- Assist in the administration of employee benefits
- Utilize an HR/Payroll System and benefit carrier portals to enroll new employees in benefits, verify coverage, respond to Employee inquiries, setup and maintain EDI file feeds, etc.
- This position will assist in processing benefit carrier invoices and reconciling payroll to invoices paid.
- Responsible for the setup and maintenance of current benefit plans within the HRIS system and make any necessary changes for the Open Enrollment/Acquisition Enrollment period.
- Maintain and update system benefit plan documents.
- Working directly with employees on leaves of absences, paid leave programs, Workers Compensation claims, 401k enrollment, loan requests, and withdrawals, etc.
- Manage yearly personnel reports, EEO, etc.
- Occasionally supporting internal and external requests related to the HR department including employment verification.
- Working with external Third-Party Administrators on audits, census file completion, and any other requested information related to Payroll and Benefits.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience processing payroll and employee benefits for a multi-state company.
- Advanced computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Teams) preferred as this is a virtually paper free HR Department.
- Familiarity and prior experience using Payroll/HRIS systems and experience maintaining employee records. Experience in Paycom is a plus, but not required.
- This position requires a detailed focus on exceptional customer service and communication and the willingness to support approx. 200 employees across several states and time zones.
- Expert knowledge of payroll and payroll tax rules and regulations across multiple states and Federal Laws.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity while executing responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain a positive, approachable, and friendly disposition while handling stressful situations.
- Strong work ethic and ability/desire to adapt to changing processes.
- You will be responsible for the administrative tasks associated within the HR Department of current payroll and benefits practices which requires a wide knowledge base those functional areas as well as a willingness to learn, adapt, and drive change for the benefit of the company and team.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Degree or certification in Human Resources or related field a plus but not required.
- Minimal physical effort typically found in clerical work. Primarily sedentary, may occasionally lift and carry light objects. Walking and/or standing as needed and minimal.
- Safe to minimal hazards that are typically found in general office environment where there is rarely little or no exposure to injury or accident.
We have invested in our business to maintain our profitability and stability. We partner with our customers and suppliers to provide individual products and individualized solutions that help you save costs and boost profit, efficiently and without frustration. We go onsite to handle purchasing, receiving and delivery; obtain competitive pricing; and manage tools and inventory.
Innovating our solutions, caring about our people, performing as one with our suppliers and customers. That is how we thrive—acting with authenticity and excellence that improves the customer experience, stakeholder trust, market leadership and value— to benefit all involved.
Stellar Industrial SupplyWhy Work Here?
We have a strong culture, mission, and values, family-oriented, and overall great place to work.
Stellar Industrial Supply is a privately held, ISO/AS9120-certified premier industrial supplier. Our specialists, sales force and customer experience managers serve small, medium and large manufacturers; federal, state and local municipalities; and commercial construction companies across the United States. We have invested in our business to maintain our profitability and stability. We partner with our customers and suppliers to provide individual products and individualized solutions that help you save costs and boost profit, efficiently and without frustration. We go onsite to handle purchasing, receiving and delivery; obtain competitive pricing; and manage tools and inventory. Innovating our solutions, caring about our people, performing as one with our suppliers and customers. That is how we thrive—acting with authenticity and excellence that improves the customer experience, stakeholder trust, market leadership and value— to benefit all involved.
711 E. 11th StreetTacoma, WA
BusinessView all jobs at Stellar Industrial Supply