Network operations ITSM Consultant
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Stellar IT Technologies has an immediate opportunity for a ITSM NOC Consultantfor a Plano, TX based client. This is a direct hire opportunity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic organization that offers tremendous career growth potential. We have achieved this by understanding both our candidate's and clients' needs and goals and serving both with integrity and a shared desire to succeed.
Job Title: ITSM NOC Consultant
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Richmond, VA
- Global Network Operations is seeking an experienced IT professional to support the operational readiness function for the 24x7x365 Global Network Operations team.
- This team is responsible for product introductions/service onboarding for the Network Operations team globally.
- This is a contributor level role within the Network Services Operations - Operational Readiness team that is responsible for the end-to-end onboarding of all net-new products and services within Network Services Operations globally.
- Responsibilities will require extensive technological assessments of a wide variety of network devices such as Cisco routers and switches, network load balancers, and security devices/appliances including IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems).
- Good technical knowledge is required as are excellent communications to deal with major stakeholders across CTO/CIO groups and the business.
- Experience in working in a matrix management environment with teams based in multiple countries is also required.
Team Responsibilities include:
- Support and manage operational readiness activities and product introductions for cross-functional, national, and international support teams across the technology stack.
- Evaluate and provide input into RFP/RFI process for all new network products including in depth assessments of business cases, vendor evaluation/down-select and SOW evaluation.
- Work with Product, Architecture and Engineering teams to continuously improve the Network Governance process to align with key business & risk drivers as well as ITSM best practices.
- Collaborate with consulting service vendors, managed service providers and internal partners to develop and transition new product introductions.
- Translate business strategy into work processes and provide strategic planning input into data center operational transformation/consolidation activities.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with key internal stakeholders (e.g. businesses, infrastructure functions).
- Pro-actively contribute to the conceptual development implementation of Network services initiatives and mandates.
- Responsible for efficiency improvements by driving processes, adherence to standards, and continual process review.
- Coordinate with stakeholder teams to improve process flows, enhance the service onboarding process and develop KPIs that lead to improvements in onboarding experience.
- Manage a large portfolio of strategic and tactical projects with operational accountability for product governance, operational support model development, business case support, risk analysis, technical/architectural assessment and knowledge management.
- At least 7 years' experience in a network position and/or release/ops readiness position
- At least 5 years' experience in a technology management position with some employee oversight, a global team is preferred.
- Understands network-based technologies: demonstrates competency (or capacity to be successful) in the ability to translate customer/business requirements into business solutions and successfully position with customers.
- Experience with release and operational readiness related to various network devices (preferred) including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, access points, network circuits, VPN and load balancers (Cisco, Arista, F5, Bluecoat, CheckPoint are preferred).
- Excellent understanding of Agile, Scrum, IT Service Management processes, program and project management (i.e. MS Project, Excel, hybrid).
- Excellent analytical expertise, attention to detail, critical thinking, and logical skills
- Strong ability to learn and operate in a dynamic environment and work effectively in a team environment with minimal oversight.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team development, and the ability to maintain positive communication with other team members, contractors and vendors and other relevant stakeholders.
- Must have strong analytical, planning, organizational and communication skills with the ability to provide a business level translation of technical issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with complex and ambiguous situations in an independent manner.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent preferred.
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs - is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Stellar IT Solutions
Get fresh ITSM Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.