Vice President - Engineering
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt, Salary
Reports to: CEO
Supervisory Responsibility: Engineers Department
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Stellar Energy provides custom power augmentation and energy plant solutions for power generation and utilities, liquefied natural gas (LNG), data center, biopharma, and other markets. Stellar Energy’s innovative solutions include turbine inlet air chilling, inlet air conditioning (heating and cooling), evaporative cooling, direct contact air chilling, thermal energy storage, district cooling and central utility plants. The company’s experience spans more than 20 years and stretches across the globe, with offices in the United States, Asia and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
The VP Engineering is responsible to plan, organize and direct engineering departments in the company’s global offices to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Major responsibilities include directing all engineering activities such as project execution, contract review, design management and product development for all of Stellar Energy’s product line.
- Direct and manage Engineering and Automation activities for project execution, contract review, quality management and product development for all Stellar Energy projects globally.
- Co-ordinate global resources and source specialist engineering services for international projects.
- Act as Design Project Manager on major projects.
- Responsible for teamwork assignments, career planning, and performance evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with customer, authority, and industry codes and specifications.
- Responsible for cost planning and control to meet goals.
- Responsible for the development and design execution of Stellar Energy’s product line.
- Manage company technical specifications, procedures, and design data.
- Provide conceptual design and technical solutions for the Business Development team.
- Directs engineering operations and activities, including product development, existing product support, and technical support of sales.
- Heads research and development to bring new products and services to the market.
- Develops accurate financial forecasts and budgets that facilitate decisions on planning, fundraising, and capital expenditures.
- Devises design criteria and oversees product development through design, product build, and testing.
- Coordinates with other departments such as finance, marketing, and production to coordinate production, manage budgets, obtain equipment, and manage other processes.
- Develops testing procedures to document the performance of equipment and provide data.
- Organizes training and education for engineers.
- Oversees the hiring process.
- Participates in ISO 9001 and other audits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical capacity.
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Financial Acumen
- Excellent computer skills.
Most work is performed in an office environment. Regular trips to the fabrication shop for observation and support may be necessary which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and head protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
The employee must be able to bend, climb, stoop, or stretch as required to examine fabricated components at the site or fabrication shop.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Overtime and weekend work are required as necessary.
Anticipated 20% travel for this position. Some occasional local day travel may also be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited University.
- Minimum 20 years of experience in power generation or cooling system design or similar projects working experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering Management and Leadership
- Experience in process system design, rotating equipment, and heat transfer.
- Familiar with ASME B31, NEC, ASHRAE, AHRI, CTI, HI, and various building codes.
- Experience with international codes and standards.
- Familiar with selection and technical requirement of general mechanical equipment including chillers, pumps, cooling towers, heat exchangers, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited University.
- Experience working in overseas locations.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Stellar Energy Americas Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Stellar Energy Americas Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Stellar Energy Americas IncJacksonville, FL
EngineeringView All Stellar Energy Americas Inc Jobs
Get fresh Vice President - Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.