Classification - Exempt
Salary Grade/Level/Family - Salary
Reports to - Engineering Manager
As a member of the technical staff, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electrical design of modular TIAC (Turbine Inlet Air Cooling) Plant, CHP, Mission Critical and District Cooling Plant up to full production. This includes specification reviews; electrical calculation and equipment selection to meet process, code, and client requirements; conduct design reviews; performs testing and inspections; coordinates with other disciplines, clients and fabrication for production. The Electrical Engineer will also be responsible for technical support of all products currently in production.
1. Undertake engineering and design work independently.
2. Accomplish tasks to the company procedures, specifications, standards and any project specific addenda;
3. Develop reports and test procedures.
4. Perform electrical tests and inspections.
5. Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of the modular plant.
6. Provide technical support to sales and marketing for bids and proposals, such as schematics, equipment selection and specification review
7. Prepare or review electrical specifications and necessary control documents based on project execution plan prior to commencement of any engineering or design
8. Prepare design deliverables including datasheet, specification, schedules, diagrams to enable procurement, supply, fabrication, installation and construction to take place.
9. Support and organize vendor technical clarification meetings.
10. Undertake the Stellar Energy factory Electrical supervision or site Electrical supervision when required.
11. Provide technical assistance to the project team at requirement (e.g. subcontract evaluation, scope definition, design schematics etc.)
12. Maintain good interface with other disciplines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Technical Capacity
2. Problem Solving/Analysis
3. Good written and verbal communication skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Most work is performed in an office environment. Regular trips to SEA Fabrication Shop for observation, research and testing are also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anticipated 15% travel for this position. Some occasional local day travel may also be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant disciplines from an accredited University.
2. 4+ years of electrical design related experience, 2+ years of experience of large-scale industrial plant projects; preferably with experience in Power or EPC companies.
3. Familiar with all design drawings such as single line diagram for MV, LV systems, schematics, cable schedules, etc.
4. Familiar with Medium/low voltage system, load calculation; equipment layout, cable routing, lighting system, lightning protection, etc.
5. Familiar with selection and technical requirements of general electrical equipment including motor control center, transformer, variable frequency drives, conduits, etc.
6. Familiar with local and international codes and standards, regulations and implementations.
7. Familiar with design procedure and cooperation with other discipline.
8. Familiar with engineering deliverables and depth requirements at different stages of projects.
9. Familiar with market and vendors for each type of electrical equipment.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University.
2. Professional Engineer Registration.
3. Knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD preferred).
4. Knowledge of SKM software.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Must be authorized to work in USA.
Stellar Energy Americas Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Stellar Energy Americas Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Stellar Energy Americas IncJacksonville, FL
ManufacturingView All Stellar Energy Americas Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.