Immediate need for a talented IT Project Manager with experience in the IT Industry.
This is a 6+ months contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Purchase, NY or Florham Park, NJ. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
The IT Project Manger is responsible for managing IT Projects on a day-to-day basis using the Project Management Life Cycle process and deliverables.
Experience in Commercial line of business is mandatory followed by Insurance Application Development.
- Scope, develop and manage plans/schedules/deliverables for large and multi-stream projects or programs
- Manage project risks, milestone delivery, timelines, dependencies, activities, coordinate downstream systems, end to end testing, resources and budgets
- Provide bi-weekly status updates and Monthly Executive Status updates
- Manage stakeholder expectations and negotiate with project stakeholders to determine most accurate and appropriate definition of project scope and schedule
- Work closely with technical resources and business analysts in the interpretation of requirements and the translation into design specifications
- Liaise between developers, architects, business analysts and QA analysts. Foster clear communication between the disciplines.
- Ensure that projects comply with audit requirements and work with auditors during their process run
- Work closely with outsource development vendors
- Track performance against objectives and develop corrective strategies when objectives are not being met
- Maintain relevant metrics to provide transparency on team performance
- Resolve conflicting priorities in scope, schedule and cost for projects among various stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Remove impediments by engaging the right personnel and or finding the right solution
- Additional projects and assignments as needed
- Strong background in IT project management (10+ years) with detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle methodologies. PMP is not required. Experience matters more than a certification.
- Background in Specialty Commercial Insurance and Reinsurance desired but we will consider anyone with Financial Services background (Claims a plus).
- Proven experience managing large and complex IT programs/projects independently
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines
- Strong management skills with an ability to achieve results in a matrix management environment
- Ability to translate business needs and solution scope into IT deliverables
- Strong business planning, organizing, prioritizing and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully learn and apply our own SDLC methodology. We will not consider Scrum masters for this position. Classic PM skills are needed
- Multi-disciplinary information technology familiarity with proven systems deployment experience
- Experience using PPM tools
- Strong and polished communication and facilitation skills with an ability to effectively manage cross-functional team discussions
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (TFS, Visual Studio) is a plus.
- BS Degree/Equivalent (Technology focus preferable)
We are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.