Weare a fast-growing construction/manufacturing startup company in the Austinarea. We are looking for an energetic Controller & Finance Manager who will plan and direct the accounting and finance operations of the Company. The Controller & Finance Manager will beexperienced in handling a wide range of accounting and finance related tasks.They will able to work independently and as a team to define a well-organizedinfrastructure that will allow for regular reporting to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profitand loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. This role is an opportunity to help build ourcompany from the ground up and grow with us.
· Oversees the operations of the Accounting &Finance Departments, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bankreconciliations, credit card reconciliations and payroll.
· Oversees training programs and identifies trainingneeds for the Departments.Duties/Responsibilities:
· Develops and maintains a documented system ofaccounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls overaccounting transactions to minimize risk.
· Oversees the production of periodic financialreports; ensures that the reported results comport with generally acceptedaccounting principles.
· Recommends benchmarks and KPIs that will be used tomeasure the company’s performance in order to collaboratewith various leaders to create budgets and goal that will drive departmentalreporting and accountability.
· Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reportssignificant budget differences to management on a recurring periodic basis.
· Provides timely financial analysis, including capitalinvestments, labor and material, pricing decisions, marketing expenditures andcontract negotiations that will help the business leaders stay agile indecision-making to maximize profits.
· Provide input to operations team to help developprocesses and procedures for inventory management and control.
· In the future, we envision the Company will requireannual financial and controls audits by an external firm, which will be managedby the Controller.
· Ensures compliance with local, state, and federalgovernment requirements, including sales and use tax
· Performs other related duties as necessary orassigned.
Since this company is a startup, the Controller maybe asked to take on accounting duties/responsibilities as needed to ensure thatday-to-day accounting procedures are functional. These duties include, but maynot be limited to:
· Performs general cost accounting andother related duties in the accounting department.
· Prepares periodic (monthly) balancesheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows.
· Assesses accounting/ERP software solutionsand makes a recommendation best suited for current and future business operations.
· Sets up an appropriate chart ofaccounts for existing operations and maintains the general ledger.
· Codes invoices, sets up new accounts,reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
· Reconciles bank and credit accountsat least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
· Reconciles customer accounts andmanages accounts receivable collections.
· Verifies payment of invoicesassociated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to theappropriate accounts.
· Files required tax forms withfederal, state, and local government agencies.
· As appropriate, coordinates with softwarevendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhancethe accounting software.
· Excellent management and supervisory skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational, time management skills, andattention to detail.
· Highly proficient in accounting and tax preparationsoftware.
· Understanding of and ability toadhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
· Extensive knowledge of general financialaccounting and cost accounting.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
· Although the Company has aPEO, must have solid understanding of payroll laws, processes and procedures.
· Strong knowledge ofFederal and Texas state payroll laws.
· Must be able to read,analyze and reconcile payroll reports.
· Possess good analytical,problem solving and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Demonstrateself-initiative while also being comfortable in the role of a team player.
· Understanding ofconstruction and manufacturing accounting methods Comfortable with quick pivotsin company needs and strategiesEducation and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or BusinessAdministration required.
· Ten years or more of related experience required.
· Certified Public Accountant or Certified ManagementAccountant designation preferred.Physical Requirements:
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Able to travel as needed.
· While performing theduties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands tohandle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision anddistance vision.
· This is a construction and manufacturing environment;you will be required to safely navigate the factory around tools and equipment.
· You may be required to climb stairs.
Work Location: Austin, TX
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off (PTO and generally regarded holidays)