Summary: Under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager, the Driver will load and unload their truck and deliver merchandise to stores. Handle transfers as needed between the stores and distribution center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle on a regular basis
- Move heavy pallets around the warehouse, position full pallets in the racks, assist order pickers in reaching higher levels of warehouse racking and extracting products from racking in order to have them loaded onto trucks.
- Team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Provide deliveries to customers in a safe and timely manner
- Accurately load merchandise (Inspect for damaged materials)
- Unload and accurately receive incoming product
- Provide personal attention to customer requests or product needs during loading
- Maintain and practice company safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining professional appearance and clean truck.
- Maintains Federal/State required logs
- Assists with loading and unloading of truck
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years verifiable related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be conscientious, courteous and customer service oriented towards both external and internal customers.
- Must have a Class A CDL commercial license AND A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD. Ability to fill out basic DOT documentation (log books, mileage reports, pre and post trip books).
**The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; walk and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The warehouse can get cold and hot depending on the weather outside.