Position: Store Manager in Training
Reports to: District Manager
Location: Kenosha, WI.
Summary: The Store Manager is responsible for executing the operational strategy that optimizes the overall performance of their store. Specifically focusing on revenue growth, increased profitability, exceptional presentation standards, excellence in customer experience, upholding high standards pertaining to associate acquisition, retention and performance while positioning the company as the premier garden and home center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Personally assist in developing a culture that understands, demonstrates and is passionate about the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Attain optimal financial performance through consistently exceeding customer expectations while maintaining excellence in store operations
- Collaborate with company leadership in the development and execution of financial goals, budgets, company initiatives, programs, and policies in alignment with the company’s vision, mission and values.
- Execute all company merchandising and marketing plans and programs, ensuring precise and timely set-up, excellent execution, accurate and timely feedback.
- Effectively monitor store performance, regularly review key performance indicators and controllables, share successes, communicate opportunities, and collaborate on resolutions to obtain business unit objectives.
- Effectively monitor store processes such as inventory receiving, associate scheduling, customer service, store housekeeping and lead process improvements.
- Ensure company initiatives, objectives, programs, and policies are timely obtained and managed through comprehensive, effective and proactive communication and implementation.
- Foster a culture of open two way communication with all staff to insure positive morale, upward flow of creative ideation and effective conflict resolution for the benefit of the associates, customers and the company.
- Meet all compliance and regulatory obligations including, but not limited to: hiring, compensation, benefit administration, workers compensation, labor laws, local ordinance, reporting, licensing, etc.
- Develop and maintain a safe customer and associate environment by leading safety and security teams and related initiatives.
- Partner with your District Manager to develop an annual capital improvement plan to maintain proper store conditions.
- Effectively manage staffing levels, associate development, knowledge retention, succession planning, flexibility, passion for the company vision and mission, and uphold the company values.
- Ensure the effective maintenance and protection of company assets, including physical structures, vehicles, equipment, inventory, personnel and financial assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 4 years related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key retail metrics, consumer and product trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to develop strong partnerships with store personnel, vendors, buyers and corporate leadership.
- Excellent computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Inventory and POS software)
- Strong collaborative, negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to translate financial data and business indicators into actionable information to drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop associates—provide coaching to store associates and managers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently with excellent organization skills.
- Travel to stores as needed to support company activities and business needs. (~15% of the time)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit and stand; reach with hands and arms; walk and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 3 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Stein Garden Centers, Inc.
Why Work Here?Stein's is committed to being your trusted local resource that has what you need to create the garden, outdoor living and home of your dreams. Let us help you grow!
Great culture! Come grow with us!