Department Lead- Home & Garden and Design
Reports to: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager
Location: Greenfield, WI
Summary: The Department Lead assists and partners with the management team to provide the leadership, enthusiasm and integrity to drive the company’s Mission, Vision and Values. The Department Lead will help in the execution of the MVV, be results driven, and help to ensure team development while providing an exceptional customer experience. The Department Lead should be friendly, positive, and helpful; as well as, team oriented while showing respect for all team members and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
· Ensure that each customer receives an exceptional customer experience by providing a friendly, helpful environment which includes greeting and engaging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, demonstrating solid product knowledge and meeting all other components of the company’s customer service guidelines.
· In conjunction with management, train and coach associates in all aspects of the business to ensure they have the skills and product knowledge to provide a consistent, exceptional customer experience.
· Adapt management style and approach to a specific situation in order to achieve desired results.
· Foster a respectful work environment for all associates.
· Efficiently manage staff to maintain exceptional customer experience.
· Ensure a clean and safe work environment that includes fixtures, shelves, backroom, bathroom, and sales floor according to company policies.
· Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through management; including but not limited to a clean uniform following company dress code.
· Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise quality and presentation. Ensure signage is current and displayed properly.
· Ensure accurate product inventory including appropriate on-hand counts and timely receipt of goods.
· Ability to use and understand POS system and computer systems; including but not limited to cash management, opening and closing tills, appropriate markdowns, customer returns and sign creation.
Job Requirements: Candidates must have a passion for horticulture, yard/home décor, and seasonal merchandise.
· Exceptional leadership qualities, while remaining approachable, confident and knowledgeable.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to train and develop sales associates.
· Possess time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
· Great organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Possess the ability to adapt and change based upon specific situations.
· Ability to interpret documents such as reports, training materials, operations manual, and other documents.
· Horticulture knowledge (Preferred).
· Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages (Preferred).
· Skills in design
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit and stand; reach with hands and arms; walk and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 3 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Stein Garden Centers, Inc.
Why Work Here?Stein's is committed to being your trusted local resource that has what you need to create the garden, outdoor living and home of your dreams. Let us help you grow!
Great culture! Come grow with us!