Administrative Assistant - Real Estate
POSITION: Administrative Assistant - Real Estate
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Wisconsin – Tomahawk, WI
WHO WE ARE
Steigerwaldt Land Services, Inc., is a full-service resource solution company, offering a wide range of appraisal, analysis, real estate, right-of-way, environmental, and forestry services to our clients in the Lake States region and beyond. Founded in 1957, Steigerwaldt is a third-generation, family owned and operated company with history and experience spanning more than 60 years. Steigerwaldt employs a staff of over 50 people, with offices in Tomahawk and Hayward, Wisconsin; and Negaunee, Michigan.
Becoming a member of Steigerwaldt is more than just an opportunity to follow your passion in real estate. It is an opportunity to be a part of an organization that fosters professional growth, nurtures your talent, and allows you to take ownership of your career path. A strong sense of brand, culture, and values define our company and our team. Our office culture is one that values synergy in the office and in the field.
Steigerwaldt creates a transparent and inclusive environment that involves you in team decision-making, cross-department learning, career path exploration, and hands-on experiences for you to grow your breadth of knowledge.
If this sounds like the supportive, passion-driven, professional environment you will thrive in, please apply to join our team. We are currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant - Real Estate. This is considered an entry-level position with 1-3 years of experience in reviewing title work, landowner acquisition, permitting, and other real estate related tasks. The ideal candidate would understand necessary local, state, and federal statutory requirements for voluntary and eminent domain land acquisitions and real estate permitting with experience on electric transmission and/or oil and gas linear acquisition projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This position resides in our Energy, Infrastructure, and Real Estate Division and will support right-of-way acquisition, land leasing, permitting, and construction support for oil and gas, wind, solar, and transmission areas. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project support for ROW Agents and ROW team, including drafting letters, preparing all documents associated with acquisition process.
- General support to acquisition, permitting, and damage claim process. Update utility and highway database as required.
- Support digital and hardcopy file management (scanning, filing, etc.) and perform file close out upon project completion.
- Perform land sales research to support Right of Way and Appraisal departments. Duties include investigating, verifying, and describing recent land sales that qualify for inclusion in the comparable sales database; locating land using legal descriptions, plat books, topographic maps, and aerial photographs and collecting public data including deeds acreages, tax information, and Certified Survey Maps.
- Assist in administrative duties as needed. These include handling incoming and outgoing mail including FedEx and UPS services; composing, typing, and proofreading documents; scheduling appointments; filing and providing backup coverage to other administrative desks.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a supportive and reliable team member that engages in building a great team and work culture. You are driven and motivated to be a part of a successful team and provide high-quality service and results. You show persistence, tenacity, and grit every day, through tough conditions and deadlines with energy and enthusiasm. You are curious and open-minded in exploring solutions and opportunities. You are accountable and a caretaker of resources, people, and company. You thrive working in a fast-paced, highly driven environment and can adapt quickly to changing conditions and priorities.
- Engage in active listening to understand and act on the expectations of peers, supervisors, and clients.
- Prioritize communication by taking responsibility for continuously seeking and sharing information to best anticipate and meet customer and director needs.
- Embrace change and can modify behavior and plans to effectively achieve goals. Adaptability, flexibility, and change agility is necessary.
- Has the drive, energy, and initiative to work independently in varied settings, both in the field and with clients and other professionals.
- Values relationship building and devotes time and energy to establishing and maintaining internal and external networks of professional relationships.
- Willingness and confident to assert oneself and offer opinions for the betterment of the company while preserving relationships.
- A results-oriented individual that can focus on outcomes and set standards for pace, production, quality, and safety.
- Strong sense of self-objectivity by understanding personal strengths and limitations and continuously seeking for improvement.
- Maintain composure and patience in stressful circumstances.
- A team player who is an ambassador of integrity, respect, curiosity, and flexibility.
- An effective problem solver that can identify the root of a problem, provide productive solutions, act decisively, and show good judgement.
- An individual who uses Steigerwaldt’s mission of ‘Quality work fast, with honesty and integrity; rooted in our passion for stewardship of resources and relationships.’ as a benchmark for decision making and standard of work.
- 2 plus years of experience in an administrative support position. Experience in Right-of-Way acquisition and/or real estate sales projects or equivalent related experience.
- Experience drafting and proofing legal documents, to include real estate and easement documents.
- Previous Right-of-Way or real estate project experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to perform legal document search and title review
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in order to meet project deadlines.
- Work outside normal business hours
- A team player who is confident, respectful, curious, flexible, and able to work with other professionals in a growing, successful, and respected business
Due to the nature of this role, the Administrative Assistant - Real Estate position is not remote-friendly, though may provide some opportunity for hybrid home/office work in the future. The position will be based out of our Tomahawk, WI office. The position is 100% office work.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
April 12, 2023. Position will be filled within one to three months. Interviews will be scheduled throughout this time period. Expected start is dependent upon candidate availability. Please note that these positions may be filled sooner, as there is flexibility in the start date.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
Steigerwaldt Land Services, Inc.
11242N Gorski Road
Hayward, WI 54843
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (715) 699-1401, Ext. 201
Steigerwaldt is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Steigerwaldt Land ServicesTomahawk, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.