- Posted: over a month ago
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
Steelscape, LLC is a national supplier of metallic-coated and pre-painted steel. Aimed at servicing the construction industry, Steelscape’s products can be used for a wide range of applications from metal buildings to architectural roofing to decking and framing. Steelscape’s facilities, located in Kalama, Washington; and Rancho Cucamonga, California are strategically located near major truck, ship and rail routes to service the Western U.S. market.Job Description
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Operates coil processing equipment, stores, loads and unloads material via overhead crane, forklift, (track mobile – with skillset) or other material handling equipment; operates scales and packs material for storage, processing and shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads and unloads materials from carriers’ equipment. Including Trucks and railcars.
- Operates lift trucks, cranes, conveyors, tilt tables, track, wrapping equipment.
- Identifies, tags, moves and stages material to be processed, wrapped, tilted, stored and shipped
- Uses tools to interface with computer systems as directed.
- Verifies that material and paperwork match and are correct. Keeps records as required.
- Delivers materials to process lines and equipment as directed. Transports materials to and from process lines, equipment and between warehouses and plant.
- Skids, bands, weighs and packs material prior to shipment as directed with coil processing equipment or by hand.
- Stores and inventories material in designated area.
- Assists in other departments as directed.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Scan material throughout the plant after each movement.
- Keeps equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition and reports equipment handled repair requirements to Supervisor.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), plus 1 year related experience and/or training on overhead crane and forklift; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in steel warehouse and coil handling preferred.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
AddressRancho Cucamonga, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Steelscape