Quality Inspector - 3rd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Inspector checks and inspects in-coming materials, in-process and finished products, ensuring company quality standards and customer specifications.
3rd shift hours: Sun-Thurs 10pm - 6:30am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Ability to read and interpret quality documents, codes, standards, and customer specifications.
- Working knowledge in the use of Tape Measure, Calipers, and Micrometers. Sufficient manual dexterity to handle and manipulate delicate parts and measuring instruments.
- Detecting cracks or other defects utilizing visual or other inspection methods
- Performing inspections on incoming materials by confirming specification, conducting visual and measurement tests, funding defects, and rejecting / returning unacceptable materials.
- Interpreting detailed blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, and routing sheets to determine production standards and tolerance limits.
- Performing inspections on first piece, in process, purchased part and finished material and products, ensuring conformance to specifications.
- Test finished products for paint quality and thickness, welding quality, dimensions, fit, blast profile, and appearance.
- Recommending modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Making recommendations regarding safe working methods.
- Checking required critical dimensions to specified tolerances.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Quality Inspecting preferred
- Knowledge of ISO9001/AS9001 quality systems preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS Welding Code helpful
We are successful because our employees are taken care of, challenged and rewarded. Check out our perks:
- Incentive bonus program
- Competitive insurance benefits
- Generous paid time off allowance
- Employee recognition for outstanding performance
- Collaborative atmosphere
- Everyday casual dress
- Career Development - educational and training opportunities
- Professional work environment
- Annual company activities – picnics/holiday parties/outings/contests
Steele Solutions Inc
AddressSouth Milwaukee, WI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Steele Solutions Inc