IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the IT Support Specialist troubleshoots issues and provides end user support for hardware, software, peripherals and networking needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support in-person, via MS Teams, phone, and/or email to corporate and remote users of computer applications and hardware (PCs, servers, mainframes). Investigates and resolves user issues
- Troubleshoots, assists users and provides support to employees for Hardware needs
- Troubleshoots and provides general support for Windows OS issues, Microsoft 365, password resets, etc.
- Monitors and manages tasks within the IT ticketing system. Maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensuring timely resolution of problems. Also responsible for documentation for system maintenance and development
- Sets up the equipment and access for new employees. Ensures that the PC or Laptop, monitors and other equipment necessary (headset, mouse, keyboards, connection cords, etc.) are ready to go. Creates access and permissions in Active Directory. Creates email address. Helps new employees with password set up.
- Provides support for the IP phone system
- Collaborates with other IT functions including network services, software systems and/or application development in order to restore service and/or identify problems.
- Assists with the inventory of PC's and other IT equipment to facilitate purchasing
- Identifies, scans and cleans infected desktop/laptop systems
- Resets computers to factory settings after employees leave the company
- Routinely travels to the different SSi locations as needed (S. Milwaukee, W. Milwaukee, Franklin)
- Documents solutions to problems and recommends fundamental changes to systems configurations to prevent recurrences.
- Provides feedback on problematic trends and patterns in technical support to team lead and/or supervisor.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s degree or specialized training in IT field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous IT experience required.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the user without being prompted.
- Proficient knowledge of printers, desktops, laptops and networking equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 solutions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2012-2019
- Ability to problem solve, learn quickly, and multi-task.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
We offer employees a challenging and rewarding career path, supported by education and training development as well as opportunities for advancement within our company. We are successful because our employees are taken care of, challenged and rewarded. Check out our perks:
- Incentive bonus program
- Competitive insurance benefits
- Generous paid time off allowance
- Employee recognition for outstanding performance
- Collaborative atmosphere
- Everyday casual dress
- Career Development - educational and training opportunities
Steele Solutions Inc
AddressSouth Milwaukee, WI
TechnologyView all jobs at Steele Solutions Inc