We are currently seeking a professional and out-going full-time medical assistant for our busy Charlotte Dermatology office. Ability to multi-task is of supreme importance as well as excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Candidate must be a team player with a strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Escort patients to exam rooms in order of appointment times.
• Obtain short medical history and patient’s chief complaint.
• Obtain and update patient medications list.
• Set up exam rooms in accordance with scheduled procedure or anticipate physician’s needs if an unscheduled procedure is likely.
• Assist provider with biopsies and surgical procedures such as excisions, cosmetic surgical procedures, etc.
• Log all surgical specimens submitted to pathology and the final diagnosis upon receipt of the consultation report in the biopsy book.
• Educate patients and answer questions as required after the physician establishes a treatment plan to ensure that the patient understands pre and post care instructions as well as the importance of compliance.
• Straighten and clean exam rooms after patient visit.
• Perform suture removals, dressing changes, allergen patch testing and chemical wart therapy.
• Complete all required pathology and laboratory requisition documents for patients as required by physician.
• Stock all exam rooms, keep track of inventory and place orders when needed.
• Return calls from patients, pharmacies, other offices, etc. with answers and information regarding medical conditions and medications.
• Call patients to report lab results, tissue diagnosis and culture results. Logging details of patient notification in both the biopsy book and the patients medical records.
Full - Time Position
* Dermatology & IPAD experience is a plus *
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. (second Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm)
We offer great benefit package. PTO, 401-K, Bonuses, HSA