SteelWave, Inc. is a leading vertically integrated real estate investment manager, owner and operator, with a comprehensive portfolio of commercial assets in the western United States. As investors and operators with a long-standing presence in our core markets—Northern California, Southern California, Denver and Seattle—Legacy Partners Commercial has been providing high-quality properties to tenants and brokers, and solid returns to investors, for over four decades. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired and developed 379 real estate assets at a cost of $8.7B. We currently manage a 12,300,000 SF portfolio valued in excess of $2.7B.
The Property Manager will report directly the Director of Leasing & Operations in the Seattle Area. The primary responsibilities of the position will be the leasing and management of a 350,000 SF commercial portfolio located in Seattle. The property consists of 3 projects. One downtown mid -rise and 3 five story buildings in the surrounding market. This is a high-profile opportunity well suited for a candidate with extensive property management and leasing experience.
This is an Exempt position.
- Supervise the entire operation, management and maintenance of 350,000 SF of office and some retail product ensuring the income is maximized, expenses controlled, and the value of the portfolio is maintained by sustaining occupancy through tenant retention and timely leasing and marketing efforts.
- Timely completion of accurate budgets, marketing & leasing assumptions, quarterly financial reporting, and other related financial tools implemented by owner, investors and/or lenders. Assist Asset Management with the completion of annual business plans, as needed.
- Execute the leasing and marketing strategy for the asset. Recommend lease structuring and negotiation of lease terms consistent with the annual business plan.
- Maintain general macro market knowledge, and specific market knowledge affecting the leasing of the asset and competing projects in the Seattle area. Maintain strong market presence, and develop and expand existing external broker & other relationships.
- Facilitate, monitor and oversee all capital improvements at the property. Regularly inspect the asset to ensure the property is maintained at an optimum level, and safeguard the security and protection of all tenants and visitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and Real Estate license required.
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate required.
- In addition to specific leasing and property management experience, strong Seattle Area market knowledge & experience in office product is required, experience in retail leasing and management a plus.
- Having solid broker relationships a plus.
- He or she must also have excellent oral and written communication skills, and superior skills in marketing, customer service, supervision, budgeting/financial reporting.
- Technical skills and software proficiency very important. Including Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Yardi, Nexus, MRI, Kardin, VTS, as well as other accounting software is crucial to success in this position.
- Other essential capabilities include commitment to meet deadlines, integrity, work ethic & leadership qualities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This candidate will supervise the onsite staff of Property Administrator, as well as contractors and vendors performing work on the asset.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 25% of time by car within the Seattle and Bellevue area. Some limited travel outside the area by using air and ground transportation may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.