Data and Analytics Visualization Engineer (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Steel Point Solutions is an amazing SBA Certified (8a), HUBZone, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) company. Established in 2013 with a vision of offering world class, integrated business solutions for all levels of Government and commercial enterprises. We are represented by a team of talented and qualified professionals who know how essential efficient, cost-effective integrated solutions are to your organization's success. Leveraging these resources, we strive daily to lead the industry in program management and service delivery.
Secret Clearance Required
Due to Growth Steel Point is looking for a Data and Analytics Visualization Engineer to perform the following:
Bridge the gap between technical modeling needs (i.e., data science) and business issues skewing toward data science but also bring data engineering capabilities play an important role to manage over all solutioning.
Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans.
Research and communicate sector or process-specific data and data analytics solution design requirements into targeted visualizations.
Build analytics solutions modeling logic within a variety of analytics tools and on a variety of big data platforms as required by the client, providing into to solutions and underlying design decisions.
Deliver client project modeling work stream through direct ownership of data integration, validating, mining, and modeling, as well as client communication deliverables.
Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory models that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client.
Work closely with business analysts, product owners, and key stakeholders to design and implement custom BI universes, dashboards, and reports to meet organizational needs. This individual will create custom reporting solutions to facilitate mission success.
Assist in reviewing relevant policies, identifying and documenting requirements, supporting prioritization and scheduling activities to reduce organizational risk, and meet strategic objectives.
Participate in SCRUM development sprints and summaries, weekly SCRUMs and retrospectives.
- Strong communication skills, able to explain technical concepts to business audiences, and to explain business concepts to technical resources across both client and technical team
- Demonstrated ability of understanding engagement objective, to include an understanding of the clients' business problem and how the engagement helps address it; knowledge of or strong aptitude for understanding business, operational, process, delivery and revenue models
- Broad, versatile knowledge of analytics landscape, with demonstrated solution design and build expertise, work stream management skills, and business consulting acumen in applying advanced analytics to solve business issues
- Must be a strong communicator (oral and written), tactful diplomat and critical problem solver, with a vision for strategic planning.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities backed by solid writing and communication skills; must operate constructively and effectively with project end-users, customers, advocates, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or a related field with a focus on analytics with working knowledge of modeling (regression, machine learning, feature selection, dimension reduction, validation), data (extracting, preparing, munging, validating), and building analytics pipelines.
- Data Analytics certifications a plus
- Excellent team player able to work independently and with cross functional teams
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle multiple project tasks
- Proficiency with sophisticated analytics tools and programming languages such as SAS, R, Python, Alteryx, SQL, working independently with minimal supervision as well as collaborating effectively as part of a team
- Requires power user skills in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
- Solid understanding of data analysis and data modeling
- Experience working with one or more of the following: machine learning, analytics, neo4j, Neptune, RDF, gremlin, graph
- Must have a Secret Clearance
Steel Point Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Steel Point Solutions
Get fresh Senior Data Analytics Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.