Steel Forgings Shreveport, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Steel Forgings Inc. (SFI) is a leading manufacturer of custom butt weld fittings that has been servicing the oil and gas industry for over 70 years. SFI is seeking an experienced Mill and Lathe Operator.
- Set up and operate milling machines and lathes.
- Machine and lathe various products according to drawing details and special job instructions.
- Review written blueprints and/or written specifications for each job.
- Utilize various measuring tools to verify accuracy of machined product.
- Inspect and measure machined products and document as required.
- Notify Plant Supervisor of non-conforming parts.
- Perform other duties in the plant as requested.
Knowledge & Experience, and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of experience operating mills and lathes in a job shop environment.
- The ability to perform setups and machine large precise parts efficiently.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Must be able to utilize micrometers, calipers and scales.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.
- Competitive compensation.
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision and Supplemental insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Profit Sharing plan
- Paid time off
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Steel Forgings