Brooklyn based steel fabrication company seek full-time Welder Helper / Shop Workers. Preferred candidates will possess a basic knowledge of SMAW welding and have completed or are currently enrolled in an accredited welding program.
The right candidate will be able to:
- Assist welders in all aspects of fabrication and assembly in shop and field site work areas.
- Operate all hand/automated tools including tape measure, steel square, wrenches, ratchets, grinders, chop saws, come-alongs, jacks, chain hoists, clamps, welding dogs & pad-eyes, etc.
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies using hoists, pry bars, wrenches, hammer, and wedges as directed.
- Cut steel using oxygen/acetylene torch or plasma cutter.
- Remove rough spots, slag, etc. from work piece, using portable grinder, wire brush, hand file, bench grinder, wire wheel, etc.
- Tack-weld or weld non-code steel components utilizing tape measure, combination square and other related tools for shop work.
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances and grind/prepare parts for welding.
- Lift, move, transport steel parts using hydraulic lifts, plate clamps, chain hoists, dollies and hand carts.
- Observe and follows all company safety rules and regulations.
- Clean and maintain an orderly work area.
- Work well with others to ensure quality of work while maintaining scheduling demands.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks as directed by management.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must possess adequate sight, hearing and use of limbs for all aspects of job.
- Able to work for periods of time while kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing steps as well as the ability to work from a ladder.
- Ability to communicate both verbally as well as through written communication.
- 401K, medical, dental, vision, vacations, holidays, sick days, uniforms, steel toe shoes, etc.
Please reply with resume and contact information.