Job title: Drill Press Operator
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Supervisory responsibilities: None.
Summary/objective: Steel Craft Technologies is looking for a Drill Press Operator to add to their team!
- Measure parts to verify size on work order.
- Place in drill press properly.
- Drill holes to proper size and placement per print.
- Measure parts when done and document on work order.
- Deburr, label and place on skid.
- Keep a safe and clean work environment.
Required competency, education, and experience:
- Candidate must have high school or equivalent education.
- Candidate must be able to read a tape measure.
- Candidate must be able to read micrometers.
- Candidate must be able to work well with others.
Preferred education and experience:
- Experience as a drill press operator.
Work environment: Office setting in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must have full use of all limbs.
- Candidate must be able to read and speak English.
- Candidate must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Position type and expected hours of work: Full time, first shift.
Compensation/Benefits: SCT offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes competitive pay, dental insurance, vision insurance, health insurance, short term disability, long term disability, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, 401(k) plan with match, education reimbursement, paid vacation and holidays, and flex spending.
Other duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
SCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SCT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Steel Craft TechnologiesSteel Craft Technologies is an ISO 9001:2015 certified steel service center, located in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area, continues to raise industry standards for quality steel products along with on time delivery. With our two state of the art facilities totaling 160,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space, team of qualified staff and with over 25 years of experience in the steel industry, we are here to exceed your company's expectations. Steel Craft Technologies strives for excellence daily by consistently producing quality steel products that always include "best-in-class" customer service.