Construction Project Manager
- Over a month ago
- $90,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
The Project Manager with Multi-family experience. Will be responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. May be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time. Maximizes project profitability and promote the Steed objectives and goals. Achieves quality and safety standards and meets owner expectations.
Duties And Responsibilities
· Assists in the preparation of estimates for the project.
· Prepares project budgets
· Leads the project team in preparing the project management plan (PMP).
· Organizes and conducts pre-award and pre-construction meetings.
· Participates in the negotiation and preparation of project subcontracts.
· Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project superintendent.
· Obtains plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
· Plans the successful execution of the construction contract.
· Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project's budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
· Develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk management plans.
· Monitors the project site for cost, safety, quality, and schedule performance with the project superintendent.
· Evaluates the schedule as necessary to meet milestones and financial goals.
· Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages the resulting cost and profit impact.
· Develops the monthly client pay requests and follows up on collection.
· Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and approval. Coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases.
· Participates in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
· Attends and documents owner and other coordination meetings.
· Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project including as-built drawings, close out,
· Interacts with all company departments to ensure company policy and procedures are carried out and corporate objectives achieved.
· Uses tact to maintain relationships with vendors, owners, architects, community and state officials and the general public.
· Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field, or the equivalent education and experience.
· Minimum of four or more years project management experience.
· Has a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
· Has an in-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
· Understands estimating concepts to the level required to verify bids, understand market rates, and to process change orders, etc.
· Understands contractual language and concepts and how to protect the company while providing quality service to the client.
· Has a working knowledge of construction laws and practices.
· Understands building codes and other design requirements to the extent necessary for the project.
· Reads and understands plans, blueprints, and specifications.
· Has high standards of ethical conduct regarding organizational policies.
· Knows how to use effective interpersonal communication skills such as sensitivity and discernment.
· Effective working as a team member to achieve organizational and customer goals.
· Skilled at making verbal presentations. Demonstrates poise and mastery of language.
· Uses proper grammar and syntax when writing.
· Knows how to delegate. Uses subordinates effectively.
· Can discern customer needs. Determines which needs can reasonably be met, then follows through.
· Knows how to present a professional demeanor in dress and speech. Makes a positive impression on customers.
· Has strong negotiation skills.
· Knows how to analyze data and use the analysis to solve problems.
1250 E. Iron Eagle DriveBoise, ID
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?