Steed Construction, Inc. located in Eagle, Idaho is seeking a Construction Project Engineer to join our team of professionals. The project Engineer is responsible for providing complete technical support to the Project Manager (PM) and project field staff as directed by the PM on construction projects. This generally includes complete project document management, interpreting construction documents and resolving trade conflicts, assisting PM with subcontract creation and management, coordinating project schedule updates with entire team stake holders, attending coordination meetings, and assisting PM with managing the project budget. The Project Engineer's primary responsibilities include maintaining project document flow, communication with design consultants, submittal processing, subcontract management support, attending weekly coordination meetings, preparing and distributing meeting minutes and project close outs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in construction directly related to commercial construction.
- Experience being involved with multiple projects and/or large long term projects.
- On-site field experience desirable but not required.
- Strong work ethic. ( if you have trouble showing up for work on time don't apply for this job)
- Strong computer skills including:
a. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
b. Critical Path Scheduling using Microsoft Project.
c. Document management software such as Procore or ViewPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise finesse and tact in dealing with owners, management and project team members at all levels.
- Ability to climb steps, scaffolds and ladders.
- Ability to walk on unstable work surfaces.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- The position will entail a combination of office work and on-site management as required.
- Short term travel may be required depending on the assigned projects.
Steed Construction, Inc.At Steed Construction, our mission is to be known as a growing, honest contractor with a reputation for quality, meeting commitments and providing a creative solution at a competitive price while maintaining a high level of integrity and an excellent work environment with genuine concern for our employees and clients.