Project Superintendent for Commercial General Contractor
We are seeking Qualified Field Project Superintendents to handle an Urban Multifamily over Podium Condo Project in downtown Salt Lake City Utah.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for the overall onsite planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. The Project Superintendent may be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time and should maximize project profitability and promote Company objectives and goals through the performance of his/her job, meeting quality and safety standards as well as meeting owner expectations. The Project Superintendent is expected to assess and respond to customer needs and cultivates both customer and subcontractor relationships through proactive interaction. This position must also foster the fundamental Company business philosophies as well as assist in the process of training and developing employees under his/her supervision.
1. Assists in the preparation of the Project Master Schedule.
2. Prepares and executes weekly onsite project coordination meetings.
3. Works in tandem with the assigned Project Manager.
4. Takes the lead on Project Safety Compliance.
5. Is the responsible party for Erosion and Sediment Control for your assigned project.
6. Obtains and reviews plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
Qualifications - MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE with PROJECTS Ranging from $1 to $10 Million.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years project management experience.
2. Strong ability to manage complex projects
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Good E-Communication
5. Excellent ability to resolve problems and issues with co-workers, owners, and subordinates
6. In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes
7. Working knowledge of construction practices
8. Excellent Previous work History.
9. Excellent understanding and ability to apply building codes and other design requirements
10. Good blueprint reading skills
11. Excellent problem solving ability
12. Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
13. Demonstrated ability to successfully function as a team leader
14. Ability to operate office equipment, such as computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
15. The ability to travel to and from job sites and corporate office.
16. Good driving record.
17. The ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing threat of harm to self or others.
Additional or Preferred but not required.
1. Bachelors degree in construction management or engineering.
2. Professional affiliation (e.g., AGC member)
3. Professional credential (e.g., Professional Engineer or MBA)
4. Community service participation