- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Internship Description: We are looking for an intern to support the Information Technology Department. As an Information Technology Intern, your main responsibility is to provide front-line primary technical support to end users through troubleshooting workstation and user problems. You will diagnose and resolve issues with team member systems including computer hardware & software, peripheral equipment. This may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, guiding users regarding software and hardware functionality. Determines the most effective manner to resolve client's technical issues.
IT Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs computer imaging including software & hardware validation and pre-delivery testing.
- Delivers and performs system set-up of new & repaired workstations along with installation of additional hardware, software and peripherals.
- Monitor, respond to, and resolve Helpdesk issues within the Stearns Bank ticketing system.
- Work with other IT Department members to maintain consistent and thorough documentation of procedures, best practices, PC inventory, network access additions and changes, etc.
- Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
- Assist other technicians and analysts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, twist, bend, sit, walk use hands to twist, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, such as computer mouse, computer keyboard, calculator, stapler, telephone, staple puller, etc., reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Current student working on a degree in computer science/computer information systems, related field.
- 0-1 years of experience.
- Ability to work with and communicate with all Stearns Bank personnel in the various departments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Steans Bank records at all times.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a cooperative and positive attitude toward members and other Stearns Bank staff.
- Must have a professional appearance, attendance, quality, and quantity of work performed with the ability to work without supervision.
- Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- Repetitive motion using wrists, hands, and fingers. Reach keyboards.
- Ability to operate basic office machines (calculator, computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, etc.).
- Must be able to drive and travel locally to service branches and other locations.
- Develop experience working on a wide variety of projects.
- Gain exposure to a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Explore career opportunities by working side-by-side with highly experienced Team members.
- Network – meet a variety of people allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future.
- Length: Internships are scheduled to run approximately 4 months. When feasible, Stearns will work to accommodate the needs of Interns scheduling requirements (should an internship be required for college graduation).
- Hours: 40 hour per week expectation. Specific requests to hour modifications will be considered.
- Managers will have bi-weekly one on one’s with intern, meet mid-point for a formal review, and provide Intern an evaluation during last week of Internship.
- HR will meet with Intern at 30 & 90 day for stay interview.
- Interns will be expected to complete paperwork & training upon the start of their internship.
- Interns will be assigned a mentor to support them through the program.
- Participation in Internship Program does not constitute full time offer of employment upon completion of internship.
- With positive performance and a business need for a full-time role, Interns may be eligible for full time positions upon completion of their internship.
- Compensation: Interns will be compensated at a competitive rate
- Pro-rated paid time off, sick-leave time, and paid volunteer time, based on the duration of the Internship.
- Holiday pay should any holidays/floating holidays fall during internship timeframe.
- Medical, dental, life, vision, FSA/HSA, short-term, and long-term disability benefits will follow full time eligibility timeframe requirements.
- 401(k)/ESOP benefits will follow full time eligibility timeframe requirements.
- Banking Services (free checking)
Founded in 1912, Stearns Financial Services Inc. (SFSI) is a $2.4 billion well-capitalized, independent financial holding company based in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Specializing in nationwide small business lending and equipment financing, Stearns has maintained outstanding customer service, fast decisions, and customized finance solutions to their customers for decades.
Stearns Bank has earned itself a stellar reputation amongst customers and competitors alike. This reputation goes beyond just word-of-mouth, as Stearns has been recognized by the Independent Community Banker’s Association (ICBA) as a top-performing bank in the nation based on a 3-year average Return on Assets for banks $1 billion or more. Stearns has also been recognized by American Banker as a top-performing bank in the nation over a 3-year period for Return on Equity for banks from $2 billion to $10 billion.
As a Star Tribune Top Workplaces award recipient and an award recipient of the Minnesota Business Magazine 100 Best Places to Work in Minnesota, Stearns takes pride in their team and holds their employees in extremely high regard. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including our Employee Stock Ownership Program-one of the best long-term incentive programs in the nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, or creed, religion, sex, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other class protected by Federal, State, local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Stearns Bank NA.
AddressSaint Cloud, MN
Get fresh Intern Banking jobs daily straight to your inbox!