International Operations Specialist
Steam Logistics Chattanooga, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Steam Logistics was founded 8 years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge many companies face: how to align the supply chain so goods move efficiently, quickly, and economically. We started as the international arm to Access America, a domestic brokerage that scaled to $500 million before being acquired by Coyote Logistics. Using some of the same playbook at Access, and a few tricks of our own, we have rethought the brokerage paradigm and are innovation leaders in our space, looking for the right people to join us as we scale. We are extraordinarily proud of the company we have built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as Best Places to Work in Chattanooga). Our people are Steam’s biggest competitive advantage, and we will continue investing in our people-first culture.
The International Operations Specialist plays a critical role in servicing a core group of clients while also contributing to the growth of Steam’s strategic goals. This person will be responsible for end-to-end-service for multiple accounts including all bookings, document management, reporting, drayage, and client communication for import and export shipments. This position thrives in an environment where you are driven, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and creative problem-solving skills are essential.
- Devote yourself to learning the clients full supply-chain requirements to increase the customer experience during the entire shipment journey; actively looking for creative ways to enhance profit margins without additional cost exposure to customers
- Grow yourself into a true international supply-chain expert by fully understanding Ocean/Air requirements and principles
- Track, trace, and coordinate with our overseas offices to obtain proper documentation, handle shipment creation in our systems, and become well versed in invoicing the shipments
- Able to use the reporting and data metrics to identify potential exception with the key goal to avoid all potential cost exposure to detention, demurrage, storage, etc.
- Acts as an industry subject matter expert and advocate on behalf of our clients that can guide them to make sound future business decisions
What We Need from You
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience in the transportation/ freight forwarding industry
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with customers, partners, vendors, management and team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Steam Logistics is an international freight forwarder and domestic brokerage based in Chattanooga, TN with offices in Minneapolis, MN and Birmingham, AL. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please do not hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
325 Market StreetChattanooga, TN
BusinessView all jobs at Steam Logistics