Accounting Team Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Steam Logistics was founded 8 years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge many companies face: how to align the supply chain so goods move efficiently, quickly, and economically. We started as the international arm to Access America, a domestic brokerage that scaled to $500 million before being acquired by Coyote Logistics. Using some of the same playbook at Access, and a few tricks of our own, we have rethought the brokerage paradigm and are innovation leaders in our space, looking for the right people to join us as we scale. We are extraordinarily proud of the company we have built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as Best Places to Work in Chattanooga). Our people are Steam’s biggest competitive advantage, and we will continue investing in our people-first culture.
The Accounting Team Lead plays a vital role in the movement of freight for our customers.
In this role, the Accounting Team Lead will manage a group of Billing Coordinators either in the Accounts Payables or Accounts Receivables departments. This means you are not only well-versed in transactional, daily accounting activities, but you also have demonstrated experience in motivating your fellow coworkers. You are the liaison between your team and senior accounting management. This job is instrumental in supporting our accounting functions along with providing support in other areas as needed at Steam.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of your team and ensuring your team is performing at its optimum
- Act as troubleshooter and first line of defense of for any issues within your team and properly escalating to accounting managers
- Work closely with the AR or AP Manager on developing training for the team along with constantly scanning and assessing any other training needs that could arise on the team
- Monitor KPIs of the team
What We Need from You
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Heart and mindset of a servant leader
- Experience in logistics preferred, but not required. A roll-up-your-sleeves mentality is necessary – no task is too big or too small for you
- Degree in accounting or similar experience
Steam Logistics is an international freight forwarder and domestic brokerage based in Chattanooga, TN with offices in Minneapolis, Detroit, and Birmingham. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please do not hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Steam Logistics