IT Support Specialist
- Expired: July 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The IT Support Specialist will report to the Central Support Manager and will participate as part of a team in remotely troubleshooting IP Video Surveillance equipment to drive the success of the company through timely and efficient completion of help desk service tickets.
The core responsibility of the IT Support Specialist is defined below:
Tier II is a more in-depth technical support level than Tier I responsible for routine Tier I functions and more complex customer issues that a Tier I specialist cannot resolve. In addition to Tier I functions, the basic functions of a Tier II specialist include:
- Assisting Tier I personnel in solving basic technical problems.
- Investigating elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking for known solutions related to these more complex issues.
- Handling more complex problems including troubleshooting IP cameras, wireless gateways, networking issues, audio units, network video recorders, servers, and power controllers.
- Escalating to other team members, either a higher Tier specialist or field service dispatch, when necessary to resolve the issue.
Tier III is the highest level of support in a three-tiered technical support model responsible for handling the most difficult or advanced problems. These individuals are experts in their fields and are responsible for not only assisting both Tier I and Tier II personnel, but with the research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues. In addition to Tier I and Tier II functions, the basic functions of a Tier III specialist include:
- Assisting Tier I and Tier II personnel in solving basic and intermediate level technical problems.
- Investigating elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking for known solutions related to very complex issues.
- Handling the most complex problems including network hierarchy, network traffic and upstream internet issues, and complex hardware and systems troubleshooting.
- Working with customer IT personnel to resolve internal network issues.
- Contacting 3rd party IT vendors to resolve port forwarding issues
- Thinking ‘outside of the box’
- Provide instruction to field technicians over the phone
- Escalating to other team members, Central Support Management or field service dispatch, when necessary to resolve the issue.
Success for all IT Support Specialists is measured by:
- Meeting customer needs and addressing customer service issues promptly
- Minimize the cases that require escalation to the field service team
- Proactively communicating with customers and team members
- Prioritizing service demands and project deadlines effectively
- A positive and collaborative style
Tier III IT Support Specialists shall lead in the development and mentoring of Tier I and Tier II specialists
Perform remote IT support activities on IP Video Surveillance equipment installed throughout the country. Log and track all activity using a case/work order ticketing system. Clear services requests in a timely manner.
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot IP Video surveillance systems (i.e. IP cameras, WAPs, switches, routers, power supplies, PDUs, UPS systems, etc) at customer locations to maximize system uptime and customer satisfaction.
- Remotely assist field operations with the troubleshooting and repair of IP Video surveillance systems at customer locations nationwide.
- Escalate support issues as necessary.
- Ensure all service ticket documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Prompt communication, follow-up and documentation of all support requests.
- Establish near 100% up-time performance for hardware
- Reduce time-to-resolution of assigned service requests
- Work to continuously improve service processes, methods, templates, etc.
- Comply with and support all corporate and departmental policies and procedures
In addition to Tier I qualifications,
- Post-secondary education suggested. Additional formal training and certifications in related fields a strong plus (Computer Tech, Helpdesk, IP Cameras)
- Working understanding of network concepts and architectures; experience with networking and TCP/IP, multi-subnet networks, port forwarding, router configuration and wireless networking
- Working understanding of network troubleshooting, tools and commands.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting routers and switches
- Experience with IP camera systems is a plus
In addition to Tier I and Tier II qualifications,
- A+ Certification and Microsoft certification required
- Strong understanding of network concepts and architectures; experience with networking and TCP/IP, multi-subnet networks, port forwarding, router configuration and wireless networking
- Experience with IP and / or analog based CCTV equipment
- Experience with wireless point to point equipment is a plus
- Familiarity with Luxriot, Video IQ, Exacq, Avigilon and other video management systems preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), and be proficient on various Video Management Software programs. Required at some levels: professional certification (Network+, A+, CCNA, MCP, etc).
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented; ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with change, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers; can effectively translate business needs to technology requirements
Candidate must be able to pass a background investigation - no criminal records. Must be in good health and able to work in an office environment with extended periods of sitting at a desk and working on a PC.
TechnologyView all jobs at Stealth Monitoring