Staybridge Suites Franklin, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Coordinates the activities of hotel staff as directed and provides support to the General Manager by performing the following
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all guidelines for operations
• Conducts monthly department meetings to review new procedures and solicit input from all employees
• Handles and provides resolution to guest complaints and employee issues
• Assigns duties to employees and subordinates and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel and
franchise policies and established operating procedures
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services
• Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary
• Ensures property hiring practices comply with all state and federal requirements
• Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence
• All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses
reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
Responds to requests for service and assistance
• Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
• Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills
• Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results
• Managing People – Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops
subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external);
Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills
• Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and
• Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to dress code policies
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with
frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when
absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
• Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
• Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
• Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities
• Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote qualityTHARALDSON HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT Job Description
• Quantity – Strives to increase productivity
• Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses
equipment and materials properly
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or peers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software
CERTFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Driver’s License
Directly supervises front desk, housekeeping, laundry, and/or maintenance staff as determined by General Manager. Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work
near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally
exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions
BusinessView all jobs at Staybridge Suites