- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Stay Montana Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is responsible for overall guest and owner satisfaction for a portfolio of vacation rental properties. This position operates as a field representative providing onsite services at assigned property locations; works to assess, maintain, and protect the property assets in the portfolio. If you are interested in a career in the growing vacation rental industry this may be the right position for you!
Essential Job Duties, Functions, & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting inspections for guest pre-arrival and post-departure; before and after maintenance and cleaning services; and seasonally for preventative maintenance.
- Takes appropriate corrective action as needed, and initiates and monitors maintenance work orders to completion. Becomes the subject matter expert for these properties.
- Identify issues quickly and creatively to resolve problems in the field.
- Provide exceptional service to homeowners and guests, quickly addressing feedback in a professional and complete manner.
- Align with General Manager and Guest Services to create cleaning, inspection and maintenance schedules. Communicate to respective parties and follow-up on closure of actions so guests and owners are properly notified.
- Schedules spring and fall deep cleans and maintenance checks, provides feedback to owner services regarding potential upgrades and improvements required.
- Make sure property information is accurate and updated as changes occur to the property amenities and offerings.
- Assist in onboarding new properties by taking accurate inventory, photos, and other assigned duties per the company onboarding checklist
- Review Property Management system each day for new work orders and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to ensure the items are resolved quickly
- Respond to all emails, texts, and TEAMs messages in a timely manner, never to exceed one business day through the appropriate channels.
- Provides access to managed properties for service and repair personnel, confirms maintenance work is completed, secures property; logs diagnosis, outcomes, and work summaries into property management system; generates performance reports at regular intervals
- Provides grounds maintenance checks: parking lots, exterior lighting, snow removal, lawn care, irrigation, trash, recycling, hot tub, decks, porches, patios, etc. as specific to each property.
- Maintains parking pass inventory, identification, and distribution; Responds to parking violation calls, documents and notices vehicles, coordinates towing when necessary according to property policy
- Occasional need to perform housekeeping and maintenance duties.
- Provide occasional on call services as scheduled
- Provides back up and support to the company and property management teams during periods of high seasonal demand or co-workers schedule days off/absence
- Cross trains on some job functions to provide depth and breadth of expertise and backup redundancy throughout the company
Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for executing and leading others in providing exceptional service.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Highly responsive and reliable with strong attention to detail.
- High level of personal accountability that the guest and owner experience is dependent upon your diligence in caring for the property they are staying in.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to satisfy various stakeholders.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write complex correspondence and effectively communicate with guests and homeowners using diplomacy and tact required.
- Takes initiative and effectively manages and solves problems; self-manages and meets deadlines
- Takes direction from a supervisor and executes on directives
- Uses assigned mobile devices to manage email, operating property management websites, apps, and general correspondence and project materials
- Works in a collaborative manner, as a member of a team
- Relates professionally with vendors, contractors, guests, owners, and co-workers
- Communicates effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Commits to the mission and values of the company
- Maintains a professional personal appearance wearing the company provided uniform at all times
- Drives company vehicle (and has a valid driver’s license) in all seasons/weather in order to tour or inspect property, make deliveries, etc.
- Flexible schedule with availability to support a 24/7 operation that includes holidays and weekends.
- Short term rental and/or small business experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; 2- or 4-year college preferred
- Montana Driver’s License required
- Clean background check and driving record required
- Reliable transportation to get to/from assigned work shift required
- Physical requirements include:
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time
- Needs to move about inside properties and outside in various environments
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs on a regular basis; occasionally ascend/descend a ladder to service lights, smoke detector batteries, etc.
- Frequently moves supplies and equipment – have the ability to lift 25-pound boxes to a height of 3-4 feet and load them into vehicles
- Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions
- Must be able to speak clearly and understand/be understood using the English language
- Pay rate based on experience
- 20 PTO days
- 6 Holidays
- Medical, PPO style plans and high deductible plan with a Health savings account
- Dental & Vision
- 401k Retirement plan with up to 4% company match
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (100% company paid)
- Life insurance policy of $50,000 (100% company paid)
- Use of company provided cell phone and mobile tablet
- Use of company car during scheduled work shifts when available
- Work with a great team
- Career advancement opportunities
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Stay Montana, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- 12pm to 8pm Shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Big Sky, MT 59716: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
- Property management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License
Work Location: One location
Stay Montana LLC
55 Lone Mountain TrailBig Sky, MT
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?