Outside Sales Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Family-owned and operated for five generations, Stauffer Glove & Safety is a leader in the distribution of safety and PPE products.
Stauffer Glove & Safety seeks an experienced Outside Sales Account Manager to join our Northeast Regional Team, servicing the Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, and Connecticut Sales Territory. Candidates must possess strong business acumen, a high sense of urgency, be organized, ability to successfully negotiate and maintain positive professional relationships.
What we Offer
With over 115 years of experience, Stauffer Glove & Safety offers employees the stability of an industry leader.
- 401K + 401K matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Base Salary + Commission
- Execute sales strategy, which includes establishing and developing the regional market share in the assigned territory.
- Meet established sales goals for assigned territory either through new customer sales growth or introduction of new products and services to grow sales to existing customers.
- Actively prospect for new customers, establish buying cycles, understand customer needs, and create a customer-supplier relationship with potential customers within the local region.
- Collaborate with National Accounts Manager to service existing National Account locations within the local region.
- Manage and provide service to all existing and newly established customers in assigned territory.
- Prepare sales information for customers and support all customer needs.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to generate any requested sales information for customers; including coordination of bid information for new accounts.
- Coordinate renewal activity for existing customers. Including but not limited to negotiating pricing, providing technical specifications on products, and identifying service agreements to support “after-sales” support.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams on all Vending services for existing and new customers within the territory.
- Provide onsite customer support for vending services including implementation, product refills, and onsite troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with customer service and operations to secure and place orders, including delivery dates and inventory levels for fulfillment.
- Provide product training and conduct seminars and surveys for customers.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM are typical hours. However, based on the needs of the customers and travel required for the territory these hours may vary.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 0-5 years of sales experience in the Safety distribution, Industrial distribution or MRO industries.
- A demonstrated record of success growing, managing, and maintaining a substantial client base in large metropolitan regions and ability to gain market share in an underperforming or new territory.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with CRM systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Preferred advanced education degree, including but not limited to, Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or combined Associate’s degree with 5 or more years’ experience in safety distribution-related industry.
- Must be able to travel daily to assigned geographic territory; 25% of the time travel overnight to service assigned territory or attend regional sales meetings, trade conferences, and continued education.
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional home office and will use routinely standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and tablets. This position will require onsite visits to customers who primarily are industrial and manufacturing and will be required to wear the necessary PPE while visiting customers. These environments may differ based on the customers' manufacturing environment, which could be dirty, dusty, poor lighting, and flooring may change.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs independently, which includes carrying or transporting product/samples to customers. Must be able to stand, stoop, bend and kneel when providing services to Vending Machines.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time and travel/drive for extended hours in a vehicle including highway and local travel.
Stauffer Glove and Safety is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer - See more at: http://www.StaufferSafety.com/careers/
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Stauffer Glove & Safety
Get fresh Glove Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.