The Regional Sales Director is responsible for targeting potential hospice customers within an assigned region and forming profitable, long-term contractual relationships to provide durable medical equipment and ancillary management services.
StateServ-HospiceLink provides industry-leading DME management solutions that simplify administration to boost operational efficiencies, contain costs, enhance quality of care, and ultimately increase patient satisfaction. With our innovative technology and unmatched expertise, we provide the visibility and insights our clients need to make timely, informed decisions and drive meaningful results. We serve over 100,000 patients every day spanning all 50 states.
- Performs research and follows up on established leads to develop and manage a viable sales pipeline. Maintains complete information on the universe of Hospice prospects in a designated territory.
- Understands client contracts with regard to terms and conditions, renewal dates and any additional service amendments. Works effectively to ensure mutually satisfactory agreements and renewals that maximize services for the client while achieving company profitability targets.
- Develops relationships with the leadership and decision makers of hospice prospects in a designated territory and closes new business opportunities for the company.
- Meets with clients and attends conferences to effectively develop, maintain and strengthen multiple relationships with current client customers at corporate, regional and local levels and provides information and opportunities available from StateServ. Additionally, generates leads for prospective clients by effectively introducing the StateServ suite of services.
- Provides regular status reports on work as described in the Company’s contact management system.
- Develops compelling proposals and presents to decision makers. Negotiates and closes contracts to ensure win-win solutions are in place.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Licensure or Certification
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of general business management as normally obtained through the
completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field of study
Work Experience or Related Experience
- Three to five years of direct sales experience is required or experience in which the incumbent has proven successful experience engaging, identifying and understanding the customers’ needs and closing the sale
- Operational experience in a hospice environment is strongly preferred
- Hospice, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, managed care or other pertinent health care services industry experience strongly preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A thorough knowledge of common sales communication techniques, identification of the clients’ value proposition and presentation of solution based sales. The ability to utilize this knowledge to engage prospective clients, effectively develop proposals and solutions and negotiate contracts is required
- The means and ability to work from a home office to accomplish objectives and tasks as described
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described, including the ability to present compelling solutions, persuade key stakeholders and negotiate contracts
- A basic understanding of the operations of the durable medical equipment industry and hospice industry
- The ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making, and organization skills is required. Incumbents must be able to prioritize multiple tasks
- A good understanding of StateServ’s products, technologies, selling strategies and internal business functions is necessary to become proficient and competent in this role
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Extensive travel is required including overnight travel at least 40% - 50% of the time to visit prospective clients
StateServ-HospiceLink offers a rewarding, casual, fun work environment to include competitive benefits and compensation. We welcome new ideas and innovative thinkers. If you want to do meaningful work that is truly helping people, come join our growing team and make a difference