StateServ/Hospicelink is currently hiring a CDL DME Drivers/Technician for our Denver, CO location.
*This is a Safety Sensitive Position*
StateServ is looking for a CDL (Class A or B w/hazmat and tanker) Medical Equipment Delivery Driver to join our warehouse in Denver, CO.
*If you have a CDL and are just missing the endorsements we will consider sponsoring you to obtain those!*
StateServ-HospiceLink provides industry-leading DME management solutions that simplify administration to boost operational efficiencies, contain costs, enhance quality of care, and ultimately increase patient satisfaction. With our innovative technology and unmatched expertise, we provide the visibility and insights our clients need to make timely, informed decisions and drive meaningful results. We serve over 100,000 patients every day spanning all 50 states.
- With general supervision, is given daily route and loads the truck for delivery. (e.g., wheelchairs, hospital beds, bathroom aids, medical supplies, etc.).
- Follows the daily route and issues on time delivery of medical equipment. Sets up the equipment to meet customer expectations. In a respectful manner, goes over the equipment and teaches patients and/or caregivers on the proper use and care.
- Performs safety assessments of the patient’s environment. Confirms the condition of the environment with the patients’ or caregivers’ signature.
- Follows the daily route for timely pick up and/or exchange of durable medical equipment, using a scanner to track equipment. Breaks down; loads and returns any outgoing equipment and supplies onto the truck.
- Works closely with the Dispatch team to update on a change in an order status, driver ETA, re-routing, and confirm delivery and pick up of equipment.
- May help with emergency calls and new patient orders to deliver equipment as needed during regular business hours and during on-call hours.
- At the end of the route, driver unloads returned equipment following safety and handling procedures. Duties may include cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education, Licensure or Certification:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A current state issued driver’s license is required and must be active and valid the last three years.
- CDL class A or B w/Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements.
- To be able to pass an (MVR) successfully going back 3 years
- Technicians between the ages of 21 and 25 must have a clean motor vehicle record (no accidents and no tickets received) and a valid driver’s license for at least three years.
Work Experience or Related Experience:
- Minimum of six months customer service experience is essential.
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields is preferred.
- One year of delivery or warehouse experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills are necessary as is the ability to remain calm and compassionate during situations in which patients or caregivers may be frustrated or upset. Spanish speaking skills are desirable but not required
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Must have the ability to lift, carry, push and pull durable medical equipment that weighs up to 80 lbs. (50%-75% of the day)
- Heavy daily local travel is required to perform delivery and pick up of equipment as described
StateServ-HospiceLink offers a rewarding, casual, fun work environment to include competitive benefits and compensation. We welcome new ideas and innovative thinkers. If you want to do meaningful work that is truly helping people, come join our growing team and make a difference!
Job Type: Full-time