Assist the Pavement Management Engineer in maintenance and development of pavement management system. Conduct direct engineering and comparative analysis modeling to ensure pavement rehabilitation projects efficiently to enhance public safety and improve the state's transportation system.
Human Resource Contact: Jerry Davis Jerry.Davis1@wyo.gov 307-777-4467
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Assess the relative condition of the pavements, forecast future conditions, and propose recommend work based on budgetary constraints.
- Utilizes knowledge of pavement condition, deterioration, and maintenance strategies, run comparative analysis modeling based on budgetary constraints to optimize funding for ranking and selection of preservation, rehabilitation and reconstruction projects.
- Generates and maintains cost for deterioration and cost modeling.
- Enters construction history into database.
- Utilizes knowledge of computer development applications to customize pavement management programs.
- Preform sequential process in pavement management program for completeness, usefulness, and accuracy of modeling results.
- Collect, maintain, generate imports, and submit data for annual pavement condition submittal to Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS).
- Generates pavement management reports and provides pavement data for other WYDOT programs.
- Assists the pavement management engineer in administrative functions.
- Assists in maintaining database of asphalt smoothness testing and friction testing.
- Make budgetary recommendations.
- Reviews outputs and investigates corrective actions which could include performance model changes and treatment effects.
- Oversee the collection and importing of pavement condition data and highway features into the pavement management system; conducts quality control checks of this information.
- Maintain database of asphalt smoothness testing and verifies pay factor calculations.
- Direct and assist technician with verification testing using WYDOT's friction trailer.
- Maintain verification process for smoothness on construction projects.
- Prepare and communicate pavement information to pavement design staff.
- Maintains and manipulates databases, builds network-wide performance models used for system analysis; provides technical support on widely-used department software programs.
Preference may be given to candidates with experience n Pavement Management.
- Knowledge engineering principles related to pavement management system.
- Knowledge of computer systems, work reporting requirements, and maintenance management practices.
- Knowledge of pavement inspection techniques and equipment operations.
- Knowledge of technical data recording and analysis.
- Knowledge of computer programming and writing/understanding SQL code.
- Knowledge in the fundamental principles and concepts of computer systems, system integration, hardware and database communications, and operations.
- Knowledge of authoritative reference materials in the field of engineering.
1-2 years of progressive work experience in Engineering
Professional Engineer's (PE) License Required at time of hire - (Wyoming PE required within six months of hire date.)
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate travel is required.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
- All New hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Engineering & Planning - Materials
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.