Under limited supervision, provide high level administrative support for Agency's three Commissioners, Chief Counsel, and Agency Administrator. Assist with and monitor travel arrangements for the Commissioners, Chief Counsel and Agency Adminstrator by ensuring that registration fees, airline tickets, hotel reservations and other accommodations are accurately completed. Actively manage and maintain the agency's calendar and cycle of open meetings, public hearings, and other recurring events and public meetings. Draft and distribute all associated required notices and/or agendas and exhibits in a timely manner. Take notes at various meetings and transcribe minutes as required. Process utility annual reports, as well as draft and distribute related correspondence. Process payments and deposits for Wyoming Universal Service Fund. Provide back up for a variety of administration positions, including the fiscal officer. Maintain and manage files, both electronic and paper, for all related duties, as required.
The Executive Assistant has extensive knowledge of agency operations and policies, is an effective back up to several administration positions, understands and contributes to executing the overall mission of the agency.
Human Resource Contact: Barbara Tomlinson firstname.lastname@example.org 307-777-7426,
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Receives, analyzes and responds to requests for information;
- Prepares correspondence and creates databases and spreadsheets to organize information;
- Tracks information in databases or spreadsheets;
- Maintains, monitors, manages, and coordinates agency, section and individual calendars;
- Prepares travel itineraries and makes all necessary travel arrangements for executive management;
- Completes registration for executive staff for a variety of conferences;
- Handles a confidential or sensitive information;
- Represents management in matters with immediate staff, agency staff, other agencies and/or the public;
- Acts as liaison between executive staff and other agencies or departments;
- Drafts minutes at open meetings;
- Drafts Commission agendas and notices;
- Provides administrative support as needed;
- Inputs budget information into state system;
- Provides backup to various administration positions including reception, fiscal and docketing;
- Assures processes are managed appropriately and according to established procedures;
- Monitors and processes Wyoming Universal Service Funds payments and deposits;
- Coordinates a variety of advanced, diversified and/or confidential administrative support functions; and
- Manages the Annual Report process through to Show Cause proceedings.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Nitro, State Systems (databases);
- Able to take notes/minutes on a laptop;
- Adept at making travel arrangements;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Organized with excellent time management skills;
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively;
- Excellent written communication skills, including grammar, composition, proofreading and editing;
- Flexible and adaptable; and
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
023-Public Service Commission - Administration
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Employment Type: Full Time