Making a Difference
SWIB is a trusted and skilled global investment organization managing the assets of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and other separately managed funds. With more than $110 billion in total assets under management, SWIB is one of the world's largest institutional investors. Sophisticated investment management strategies, forward-looking technologies, and strong internal asset management make SWIB a leading investment organization
For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 632,000 individuals - and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their employees - SWIB's strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB's long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, the 8th largest public pension fund in the U.S. and 25 largest public or private pension fund in the world.
We are a mission driven organization and the participants we serve are our mission. By bringing a disciplined, prudent and innovative approach to market opportunities, SWIB has been successful in generating respectable returns and maintaining the trust of the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the funds we oversee.
Home to Top Talent
SWIB has long been recognized as an investment leader because of its success in maintaining the WRS and for the highly-qualified staff overseeing the retirement trust funds. SWIB's internal team invests a majority of its assets under management. This means SWIB is committed to investing in professionals that will keep the organization at the forefront of the investment industry. As an innovative organization, SWIB offers professional development opportunities that enable staff to grow and develop. Approximately 50 percent of SWIB's investment professionals are Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders.
The Accounting and Financial Services team within the Finance Division serves the entire organization and is responsible for a variety of financial related functions including procurement, business travel coordination, travel expense processing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, maintaining the general ledger, and financial reporting. The team seeks a Procurement/Travel Coordinator with travel and procurement/contract management experience for a limited-term employee (LTE) position. The position will split time between procurement and travel responsibilities. The position is authorized to work up to a maximum of 1,040 hours and is not eligible for employment benefits or paid leave time.
The Procurement/Travel Coordinator will assist with various procurement responsibilities, manage contracts, arrange travel, and process expense reimbursements for domestic and international business travel for staff.
- Process requisitions in SWIB's internal enterprise resource planning (ERP) system: Unit 4.
- Assist in managing contracts working with the legal team and procurement.
- Assist with updating and maintaining key contract terms in the Unit 4 contract module.
- Assist Procurement Specialist with new vendor set-up in Unit 4 and PeopleSoft (State of Wisconsin's ERP system).
- Assist travel coordinator making travel arrangements and processing expense reimbursements for SWIB staff.
- Assist with billing travel expenses to external third parties.
- Contact hotels for staff folios after they return from travel to support procurement card transactions.
- Communicate and resolve transaction or information discrepancies with respective staff members.
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting/financial experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting practices.
- Thorough understanding of state ethics guidelines.
- Ability to effectively work well with team members and staff within all parts of the organization.
- Ability to analyze data and question the status quo, existing processes, reports, and procedures.
- Intermediate level MS Office software skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
The position requires U.S. work authorization.