Do you have experience working in a large scale food service operation?
We have an opportunity for you to join our team at Yakima Valley School in Selah.
As a Food Service Worker, you'll be involved in the preparation and serving of food and beverages, and clean up.
Some of what you'll do:
- Transport food, supplies, and equipment from kitchens, dining areas, storerooms and refrigerators
- Assemble salads, sandwiches and desserts
- Prepare and serve special modified diets
- Washes dishes, pots, pans and utensils
- Clean kitchen by scrubbing, mopping and emptying trash
- Operate standard kitchen equipment including coffee maker, toaster, mixers and dishwashers
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of kitchen and dining room work, personal hygiene, sanitation and housekeeping practices, operation of standard kitchen appliances, use of kitchen utensils and equipment
- Ability to learn routines involved in preparing and serving food according to therapeutic dietary orders, recipes and menus
- Follow instructions and directions given by supervisors/lead workers
Who should apply?
- Professionals with a food handler's card or ability to obtain within 14 days of employment
- Experience working in a large scale good preparation environment is desired
To obtain a Washington State Food Worker Card by start date click here.
Work shift available: Tuesday - Saturday 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. with Sunday and Monday as days off.
Questions? Contact DSHS Recruiter by email or at (509) 363-4925 and reference #09019
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on your website and on printed materials. Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent