Are you an experienced Truck Driver looking for a change?
We are looking for a reliable Truck Driver to join our hard-working Consolidated Maintenance and Operations team at Fircrest Residential Habilitation Center in Shoreline, Washington.
This job is located in King County. Employees assigned to a permanent duty station in King County will receive a 5% Premium Pay calculated from their base salary.
Working hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
You'll transport clients around campus and outside the campus to school, training, clinical appointments, and recreation programs. You'll also operate other vehicles in transporting items.
Some of what you'll do:
- Drive a 25+ passenger bus that is air brake equipped
- Assist in loading and unloading passengers using wheelchair lifts and safety straps
- Drive large trucks and other vehicles to transport supplies, food, or linen
- Load and unload materials
- Operate garbage trucks on and off-campus
We're looking for someone with:
- A valid CDL driver's license (Class B with passenger and air brake endorsements)
- At least one-year experience as a Truck Driver 1 or equivalent education/experience, including driving a vehicle with the use of air brakes
- Ability to make adjustments and emergency repairs to equipment
- Ability to be respectful towards others who may exhibit challenging behaviors
If you have questions regarding this career ad, contact Anthony Distefano at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-725-5825.
08974Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent