Join us in Transforming Lives!
We have Food Service Worker opportunities to help provide top quality food for patients at Eastern State Hospital (ESH).
In this role, you will be part of the culinary team that ensures excellent customer service, safety and quality in food and nutritional services.
Some of what you will do:
- Prepare, dish and serve food per therapeutic dietary guidelines, recipes and menus
- Deliver food carts with insulated food trays to the wards
- Clean, wash and sanitize kitchens and dining rooms
- Implement and abide by food safety standards
- Actively work as part of a team in a fast paced environment
What we are looking for:
- Professionals with a current Washington State Food Worker Card or ability to obtain Food Worker Card within 14 days of employment
- Experience in applying food safety regulations
- Knowledge food safety regulations and special diet needs
- Ability to prepare and serve food according to therapeutic dietary orders, recipes and menus
- Excellent customer service
To obtain a Washington State Food Worker Card by start date click HERE.
Questions? Contact Patti.Palmer@dshs.wa.gov or at 509-454-6917 and reference 08897Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security