J.D. McCarty Center is looking for a Nurse Manager to join and enhance our workforce. This person will be responsible for overseeing professional nursing care and direct care services provided to in-patients with a developmental disability birth-21 years of age while ensuring services provided are in compliance with CMS guidelines, the Nurse Practice Act and State Health Department standards to include administration of medications, treatments and appropriate documentation.
- Provide exceptional patient care – Maintain awareness of medical and behavioral therapeutic goals for all in-patients. Assists the Nurses and Direct Care Staff in the coordination of patient care issues with interdisciplinary staff to ensure admissions, discharges, and furloughs of patients are in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Makes Nursing and Direct Care Specialist assignments for outside patients appointments and field trips. Assists hospital unit Nurses in a safe and appropriate intervention and notification of personnel when a critical and/or emergency situation occurs.
- Develop optimal relationships - Works in conjunction with the Rehab Team in relation to patient goals, assignments, and behavioral acuity. Participates in behavior staffing committee ensuring behavioral care components are identified and developed appropriately and realistically for the in-patient population. Collaborates with the Behavioral Team in relation to the establishment and update of behavioral care components. Participates in the Admission Review Committee and makes recommendations for admissions or if a patient may be meeting admission criteria. Represents Nursing in Rehab Staffing and ensures all medical/nursing information is communicated to the Attending Physician. Coordinates with Clinic Nurse and Attending when a patient needs to be seen for Admission assessment, sick child visit, pre-op note, etc. Communicates all patient information from staffing to the hospital units, clinic nurse and appointment nurse.
- Conduct administrative duties – Participates in a variety of committees to relay medical information, patient needs, personnel issues, and training needs. Participates in the Nursing Quality Assessment and Improvement plans and projects. Assist in the design and implementation of any project identified for the Nursing Department. Performs all administrative personnel functions such as schedules, leave requests, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions for the day shift Nursing and Direct Care Staff. Works with Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing when investigating patient care issues or concerns. May act as Acting Director of Nursing in the absence of the Director or Assistant Director of Nursing.
Candidate must be willing to flex their hours in times of need. Position rotates with Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing in on-call coverage.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree and a license to practice nursing in the state of Oklahoma
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of professional nursing experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be in good standing with the Oklahoma Board of Nursing
- Must be able to pass COVID screener and participate in periodic COVID testing and protocols
About J.D. McCarty Center:
J.D. McCarty Center is an established pediatric rehabilitation hospital for children with disabilities birth to 21 years of age. We are a unique 36 bed hospital because we are constantly looking for the best outcomes for our patients by evolving existing programs and being open-minded about new ideas. Our patients are admitted for a 30-day evaluation during which they are assigned a treatment team consisting of nursing unit, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional services, social services, psychological services, behavioral analysis, and recreational therapy. Our 80-acres campus includes a on-site elementary, intermediate, and high school which is staffed by Norman Public School teachers. Patients may continue treatment needs beyond the 30-days as an in-patient in habilitation status based upon progress or placement needs.
J.D. McCarty Center benefits include:
- Health Insurance Benefit allowance including Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability, and Dependent insurance options available
- Flexible Spending plans available
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Annual Leave and 3 weeks of Sick Leave per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 5% Pay Increase after completion of 1 year probationary period
- Longevity Bonus beginning on your 2nd year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program a confidential resource regarding personal and family concerns
- COVID Safety protocols in place to include pre-screening, masks, routine employee testing, proximity badge tracking, and use of on-line meetings to limit in-person contact
Employees can also take advantage of other opportunities such as state employee discounts, continuing education, supplemental insurance plans, credit unions, and an on-site gym.
Powered by JazzHR
State of OK JD McCarty CenterNorman, OK
Get fresh Nurse Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.