Direct Care Specialist- Night Shift
State of OK JD McCarty Center Norman, OK
- Expired: April 20, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
J.D. McCarty Center is looking for Direct Care Specialists to join our team in Norman, OK. The Direct Care Specialist will provide and assistance in nursing and therapeutic care as well as recreational and personal activities for disabled and developmentally challenged pediatric patients from birth to 21 on Night shift from 10:45pm-7am.
The ideal candidate is dependable, compassionate, punctual, and enjoys helping others. This person must be reliable, empathetic, and be able to work with children.
- Patient care Instill confidence and trust in patients in a competent and caring manner. Provide hygiene and daily living assistance to include toileting, bathing, assisting patients with showers, and medical appointments that may arise. Responsible for maintaining patients living areas to include straightening up patient bedrooms, strip bed linen, completing laundry assignments; sweeping and mopping as needed, cleaning patient equipment, and picking up and storing all play equipment and supplies used in the hospital unit.
- Medical needs Responsible for knowing the patient care plans and behavioral plans, assisting the nurse with medical treatments, provides support during therapies and medical appointments. Follows the patient's schedule to ensure patient goals are completed. Works with the therapeutic team in achieving a positive outcome for long term goals. Completes documentation in the electronic health record. Reports any concerns to the nurse.
- Professional development Maintain any specialized training and, if applicable, perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to the assigned patient or area. Opportunity available for certification as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT).
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous hospital, recreational, or therapeutic, experience preferred
- Educational background in medical, recreational, or therapeutic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull 30 pounds
- Must have a valid drivers license
- References required
- Will have one day of a scheduled paid on-call per week
About J.D. McCarty Center:
J.D. McCarty Center is a pediatric rehabilitation hospital for children with disabilities birth to 21 years of age. . We are a unique 36 bed hospital. Patient are admitted for a 30-day evaluation during which they are assigned a treatment team consisting of nursing unit, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional services, social services, psychological services, behavioral analysis, and recreational therapy. Our 80-acres campus includes a on-site elementary, intermediate, and high school which is staffed by Norman Public School teachers. Patients may continue treatment needs beyond the 30-days as an in-patient in habilitation status based upon progress or placement needs.
J.D. McCarty Center benefits include:
- Shift Differential
- Health Insurance Benefit allowance including Dental, Life, and Disability insurance
- Optional insurance of Vision, Supplemental Life, Dependent Health, and Dependent Life
- Insurance options available to customize your health and dental needs
- Flexible Spending plans available
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks of Annual Leave and 3 weeks of Sick Leave per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 5% Pay Increase after completion of 1 year probationary period
- Longevity Bonus beginning on your 2nd year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program a confidential resource regarding personal and family concerns
- Tobacco and Vape free facility.
- COVID Safety protocols in place to include pre-screening, masks, routine employee testing, proximity badge tracking, and use of on-line meetings to limit in-person contact
Employees can also take advantage of other opportunities such as state employee discounts, continuing education, supplemental insurance plans, credit unions, on-site gym .
Please take a look at our video for more reasons why you should join our team! https://youtu.be/FvHMxCxwJjE
State of OK JD McCarty Center
Personal CareView all jobs at State of OK JD McCarty Center