/ To be considered for any DPHHS Agency position, applicants must complete and submit their application online, as well as upload any required application materials. Successful applicant(s) are required to successfully pass all DPHHS specific background check(s) relevant to each position. /
/ Housing will be provided at Warm Springs. /
Materials Required of Applicants:
(To be considered in this pool, please submit the following)
(Please type responses in a Word document and attach to application. HELPFUL HINT: When attaching a document, you much check the ?relevant document? box to ensure your attachments are uploading correctly to the specific application. Please do not attach more than requested. If you have more than 25 attachments in the system you will need to email these to: email@example.com. Failure to attach the required material will conclude in an incomplete application. You must also keep those relevant boxes checked once you submit your application; if you uncheck the box with an active application it will delete the attachment.)
Montana NHSC Student Loan Repayment Program
This program provides a loan repayment option for providers unable to receive NHSC funding and who have qualified educational loans. The grant provides loan repayment of up to $15,000 per year for two years for:
Physician (MD/DO) with the following specialty:
* Internal Medicine
* Family Medicine (Osteopathic General Practice)
Job Overview: Evaluation and treatment of patients with complex medical and psychiatric problems. Provides diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric inpatients through supervision of multidisciplinary treatment teams, direct service psychotherapy-chemotherapy, and preparation of psychiatric-legal evaluations and reports.
A. Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment staff with ultimate medical-legal responsibility for the admission, transfer, and discharge of patients .
* On admission of each patient to the hospital, responsible for documenting in the medical record the reason for admission, mental status, psychiatric-medical diagnosis, physical exam, and treatment orders.
* Evaluates patients for physical health problems and consults with and refers to primary care physicians in the Hospital's medical clinic as indicated.
* Prescribes medication and care as determined.
* Refers patients to physicians, psychologists, chemical dependency counselors, mental health centers, social services, and other professionals and agencies as needed by the patient.
* Works with other members of a unit treatment team to develop a treatment program, including rules and therapeutic activities for patients assigned to the team.
* Completes documentation, writes reports, develops treatment plans, conducts evaluations as required by Hospital policies and state and federal regulations and standards.
* Determines appropriateness of home visits, pre-placement visits, conditional release and discharges, and writes orders in the medical record allowing release.
B. Hospital Wide Peer Services
* Carries out other appropriate duties as requested by the Medical Director.
* Serves on Hospital committees as assigned by the Medical Director or the Hospital Administrator.
* Participates in, and provides for other staff, continuing education and training programs.
* Participates in medical staff activities, providing input into hospital policy and patient care issues.
* Consults with other professionals including physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, and attorneys as needed to make patient care decisions.
* Maintains liaison communication with community physicians, mental health professionals, and drug/ alcohol programs.
Physical and Environmental Demands: Must be able to work closely with patients. The incumbent makes regular visits to various work environments throughout the hospital including residences, and patient units which may subject the individual to unpredictable patient behaviors. The position requires standing, walking, and sitting to perform the essential duties. Must be willing to go to all on-campus patient care units. Must be willing to adjust working schedule to ensure coverage.
Required for the first day of work:
* General practice of psychiatric medicine for adults.
* Understanding of the major psychiatric diagnoses and how the diagnosis may interrelate with medical symptoms and illnesses;
* Understanding of the use of the common psychotherapeutic agents and of the statutory requirements relating to the practice of medicine.
* Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with people;
* excellent communication skills;
* basic understanding of the medical needs of the served population; basic understanding of systems design, development, and management.
* Accurately assess, diagnosis, and treat or recommend treatment for, psychiatric and medical conditions.
* Work comfortably and congenially within a team-oriented work setting.
Required Minimum and Education Experience:
* Doctorate Degree
* Two years of job related work experience
* Formal residency training as a psychiatrist yielding demonstrated competence in medical treatment.
* Must be currently licensed to practice medicine in the State of Montana or able to obtain license. Preferably Board Certified in Psychiatry or eligible for certification.