Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Montana Department of Agriculture is accepting applications for our budget analyst position.
At the Department of Agriculture, our mission is to protect producers and consumers, and to enhance and develop agriculture and allied industries. We manage more than 30 programs, from marketing and business development to licensing and regulating activities to protecting agricultural producers.
The Central Services Division (CSD) provides departmental services to help programs serve agriculture stakeholders including consumers, producers and businesses. CSD services include: fiscal management, budgeting, technology support, director's office, human resources, public information, records management, and legal support to all programs within the department. The Fiscal Office is responsible for providing accounting, budgeting, fiscal management, payroll and benefits, purchasing, and property control support to all programs within the department.
Under the general supervision of the Financial Manager, the budget analyst researches, develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates the department's budget. Duties include budget development, management, and related fiscal activities. The incumbent assists with managing the department's biennial budget and each funding source for unique programs requiring individual analysis and evaluation. This position performs professional accounting services related to the collection and management of state revenues, state revenue distributions and associated reporting, and data management. The position does not supervise other staff.
*Physical and Environmental Demands:*
* All employees are required to create and maintain a safe and secure working environment by adhering to Department of Agriculture safety, security and health requirements; as well as attending any necessary training and implementing best practices in order to mitigate injury, illness, and loss prevention.
* This position works in a normal office environment. The position is generally sedentary in nature, but incumbent is required to perform some light lifting, stooping, and bending duties in the process of working with files and performing routine office duties.
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:*
* Extensive knowledge of governmental budget and accounting principles; knowledge of federal regulations, state laws, and administrative rules to daily situations and activities.
* Extensive working knowledge of budget preparation, accounting, and personnel systems including the Statewide Accounting and Budget and Human Resources System (SABHRS) and Internet Budget and Reporting System (IBARS).
* Knowledge of principles and practices of proprietary accounting, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), office management, program administration, and public relations.
* Ability to prioritize work; meet daily deadlines; follow detailed instruction accurately and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public; and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
*Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):*
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a closely related field.
* Two (2) years of directly related experience.
* Experience with Montana state government budgeting is highly desirable.
* Additional combinations of education and experience will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
For a detailed job description, please emailJen.Downing@mt.gov.
*/To be considered for the position, applicants must submit the following information online, through the State of Montana Career Site:/*
* A resume detailing your work experience and qualifications.
* A cover letter addressing why you are interested in the position.
* Successful applicant(s) are required to pass all Department of Agriculture specific background check(s) relevant to each position.
**Title:** *Budget Analyst*
**Requisition ID:** *19141919*
State of Montana
Get fresh Budget Analyst Part Time jobs daily straight to your inbox!
People Searching Budget Analyst Part Time Also Searched