/ To be considered for any DPHHS Agency position, applicants must complete and submit their application online, as well as upload any required application materials. Successful applicant(s) are required to successfully pass all DPHHS specific background check(s) relevant to each position. /
Materials Required of Applicants:
(To be considered in this pool, please submit the following)
* * Cover Letter *
* *References:*/Please provide contact information for three (3) professional references/
* Supplemental question(s):
o / How has your education and/or work experience and past supervision prepared you to be successful at this job? /
(Please type responses in a Word document and attach to application. HELPFUL HINT: When attaching a document you much check the "relevant document" box to ensure your attachments are uploading correctly to the specific application. Please do not attach more than requested. If you have more than 25 attachments in the system you will need to email these to: email@example.com . Failure to attach the required material will conclude in an incomplete application. You must also keep those relevant boxes checked once you submit your application; if you uncheck the box with an active application it will delete the attachment.)
Job Overview: This position functions as the administrative support supervisor for the regional office and all county offices within the region. This position manages regional support operations including office/telephone coverage, purchasing, expenses, case filing system, and monitoring and maintaining office supplies and equipment, regional vehicles, cell phones and office space needs. Responsibilities include ensuring fiscal documentation and database entries in the Child Adult Protective Services (CAPS) and Purchasing, Entry, Receiving, Query (PERQS) systems are accurate, complete and timely and providing CAPS expertise and support to field staff and the regional administrator. This position acts as an executive assistant to the regional manager and supervises administrative support personnel throughout the region.
Essential Functions (Major Duties or Responsibilities):
*Regional Support Duties *
* Ensure fiscal documentation and database entries (CAPS, PERQS) are accurate, complete and timely. Execute and manage regional purchases and payments. Provide technical expertise to regional staff.
* Approve expenditures within authorized limits.
* Manage regional petty cash expenditures and receipts.
* Make expense recommendations, identify questionable expenses
* Monitor regional state vehicle usage to optimize use to meet minimum mileage requirements.
* Monitor assignment and usage of regional cell phones, communicating with central office staff as necessary to ensure compliance with relevant cell phone usage policies and procedures.
* Manage regional support activities including phone answering, case file system, office supplies, and regional office space needs and upkeep.
* Provide data to regional administrator to ensure continuity in regional operations.
* Assist in the development and implementation of regional operational procedures.
* Act as Executive Assistant to the regional administrator, and participate in special projects as requested.
* Coordinate regional IV-A and CSED referrals.
*Staff Supervision and Development*
* Provides supervision and direction to permanent staff and temporary staff as needed.
* Develops job descriptions and defines roles and responsibilities for staff supervised. Reviews periodically with management team to ensure continued relevance.
* Mentors, coaches, and supports staff development; conducts performance appraisals and implements annual performance goals.
* Handles hiring/interviewing, training, and constructive discipline as necessary.
* Conducts meetings and shares updates or procedural changes with staff.
* Ensures staff compliance with personnel rules, regulations, and policies.
*Personnel / Human Resource Support Activities*
* Ensure regional personnel activities are conducted in accordance with applicable personnel policies and procedures.
* Assist regional administrator and hiring managers in recruitment activities for vacant positions.
Physical and Environmental Demands: This position works in a typical office environment with keyboarding requirements. Some travel will be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Behaviors):
Required for the first day of work:
* Knowledge of State and Division purchasing and requisition policies
* Knowledge of division-specific purchasing and payment systems (CAPS, PERQS)
* Skill in the use of general office equipment, computers and software.
* Detail oriented and time management skills.
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to plan and coordinate projects and activities
* Ability to foster collaboration and provide effective supervision.
* Ability to stay on task with numerous interruptions on a daily basis .
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
* Two years college or vocational training in business administration, accounting, finance, office administration, human resources or directly-related field.
* One year supervisory experience.
* One to two years directly related work experience.
* Other combinations of education and experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
**Job:** **Community/Social Services*
**Title:** *Administrative Support Supervisor (05035)*