The Department of Mental Health (DMH) is seeking qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Buyer II. The Buyer will review requests for the purchase of commodities for the Department, and process commodity procurement transactions in the Massachusetts Management Accounting & Reporting System* *(MMARS) and CommBUYS applications. The incumbent will provide information concerning availability and appropriateness of products, as well as technical assistance and advice to agency personnel and others. The selected candidate will prepare written and electronic documents describing goods and services to be provided, maintain records, and perform related work as required and in a manner that ensures compliance with Commonwealth best-value procurement laws, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
- Skilled in transaction processing and reference table navigation in both MMARS and CommBUYS applications.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of governmental accounting, state budgetary procedures including terminology and state contracts for the procurement of goods and services as they relate to health and human services programs.
- Knowledge of procurement best practices.
- Familiarity with the Management Reporting System (MRS), as well as the programs and services delivered by the Department of Mental Health.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Given the population served, bilingual or multilingual fluency.
The Department of Mental Health assures and provides access to services and supports to meet the mental health needs of individuals of all ages, enabling them to live, work and participate in their communities. The Department establishes standards to ensure effective and culturally competent care to promote recovery. The Department sets policy, promotes self-determination, protects human rights and supports mental health training and research.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- _Pre-Hire Process:
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visithttp://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
For questions regarding this requisition, please contact Executive Office of Health and Human Services Human Resources at 1-800- 510-4122 Ext. #2
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional or paraprofessional experience in purchasing work, and (B) of which at least one year must have been in a professional capacity, or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate's degree with a major in business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.*
II. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in business administration or business management may be substituted for the required experience.*
- Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: **Administrative Services*
Organization: **Department of Mental Health*
Location: Massachusetts-Boston-85 East Newton Street
Requisition ID: 190006Q4