ROZ Program Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Office of Rural Prosperity’s Rural Opportunity Zone Program Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support for the rural opportunity zone program, As the first point of contact for the ROZ program, they should conduct themselves in a way that strengthens and protects the reputation of the State of Kansas and the administration. This position will work with The ROZ Program Manager and ORP team to develop correspondence to rural stakeholders and partners on ROZ including social media posts, website updates, and content for mass email communication. They will also work with ROZ participants, applicants, and sponsors to ensure that all documentation is up to date in the Salesforce system.
This person will also assist Counties, foundations, employers and other ROZ sponsors for the Student Loan Forgiveness program to ensure that they understand the benefits of this workforce recruitment tool. They will help process these sponsorships, and match these with the sponsored employee to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the ROZ student loan forgiveness program.
The ROZ Program Manager is based in the Office of Rural Prosperity Office located in Independence, Kansas, and reports to ORP’s Executive Director (“Director”).
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with the Office of Rural Prosperity, the Rural Opportunity Zone Program Manager, and ROZ team to ensure that the Rural Opportunity Zone program operates effectively and efficiently to serve rural Kansans. They will serve as the first point of contact for the Rural Opportunity Zone Program requests and information from the public and stakeholders. Work with ORP staff and communication(s) team to develop correspondence to rural stakeholders and partners on ROZ including social media posts, keeping the website up-to-date, and content for mass email communication. Ensure that all applications, attestations, and ROZ program details are up to date in Salesforce. Provide professional and technical support for ROZ including, but not limited to, composing and disseminating correspondence, managing a list of contacts and public requests, coordinating logistics for ORP events and meetings, working with agencies to keep an up-to-date list of resources available, and completing expense form and other operational duties.
- Facilitate, organize, and review the annual county/employer/local support renewals for the ROZ student loan program including the financial forms, and other project management tracking for the ROZ program. Keep all ROZ reports up to date in salesforce and provide regular monitoring of application system. Work with Commerce staff to ensure compliance with the residency requirements for ROZ participants on an annual basis. Process ROZ student loan payments and applications.
- Work with interns and staff to promote the ROZ program with businesses, foundations, colleges and universities, especially around social media to grow the reach of ROZ and to increase the ROZ recruitment network in other States. Staff meetings and events with the Lt. Governor and ORP as necessary. This may include providing briefing memos ahead of events so staff is prepared. Performs administrative support for the Office of Rural Prosperity, including travel arrangements, travel reimbursements, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Be the initial point of contact for the Office of Rural Prosperity and the Rural Opportunity Zone program. Welcome visitors to the office and handle any phone calls or general ORP information requests as needed.
- One (1) years’ experience in an administrative assistant position, or one (1) year experience in public administration, rural development, strategic planning, communication, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, marketing, business, communications, or another related field.
- Experience in public administration, Salesforce, program administration, or other clerical or program management
State of Kansas- Kansas Department of Commerce
Get fresh Rural Development Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!