JOB SUMMARY: Under supervision, provides entry level professional support in one or more of the following areas: OMAT, maintenance, construction, intermodal, planning, utilities, surveying, environmental and traffic.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- OR Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Six months of related experience
- OR One year of experience required at a lower level Transportation Tech 4 (TRT053) or position equivalent
- Possession of a valid driver's license and CDL (Class A)
- Experience with off road construction equipment
- Possession of endorsements (hazmat and/or tanker) and/or other CDL class designations
- Experience providing CDL training for a company or large organization
- Ability to obtain a CDL Instructor certification within up to 6 months
- Ability to obtain other certification under Federal/State regulations
- Demonstrates good written and oral communication skills, especially when presenting to various group sizes with differing comprehension levels
- Displays good interpersonal skills; able to communicate up and down the chain of command
- Experience visualizing problems and to make sound and well-informed decisions based on available information
- Experience using available technology to enhance work process efficiency
- Experience in organizing work, setting priorities, and determining objectives and strategies to achieve them
- Experience adapting to changes in priorities, to changes in procedures and process and to the varying schedule demands of job
- Possesses self-motivation, commitment toward completing assignments on a timely manner with minimal supervision and demonstrates responsible behavior
- Experience working well with others to achieve shared goals
- Ability to travel district wide
- Ability to train in a classroom environment as well as, outdoors in normal and inclement weather conditions
- Committed to providing quality customer service
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
/Good Employment Standing:/
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active for 12 months after issuance date). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee's favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Organization: **Transportation, Georgia Department of - GDOT*
Title: D7 Maintenance TRP050- Transportation Specialist 1 (PG I) District CDL & Equipment Trainer
Requisition ID: TRA01X5