*JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Community Supervision Officer 1*
*JOB CODE: PSP000*
*POSITION #: 00120449*
*LOCATION: District 7- Conasauga Circuit/Dalton/Murray and Whitfield counties*
*PAY GRADE: LH*
*TARGET SALARY: $38,524.27*
*POSTING CONTACT: Jannessia Hill-Bull email@example.com*
*1. This posting is subject to close once a suitable candidate has been selected.*
*2. No applicant information will be accepted by email. Please apply on**http://team.georgia.gov/careers/only.*
TheDepartment of Community Supervision (DCS) was created by HB310 in the 2015 Legislative Session. As part of the executive branch of Georgia's government, the Department of Community Supervision (DCS) is responsible for the supervision of approximately 180,000 adult felony offenders and Class A and Class B designated juvenile offenders. It is our mission to protect and serve all Georgia citizens through effective and efficient offender supervision in our communities, while providing opportunities for successful outcomes.
The Field Operations Division serves as an integral part of the Department of Community Supervision by providing supervision to offenders placed under probation supervision by the Superior Courts, offenders granted parole by the Georgia Board of Pardons and Parole, or certain juvenile offenders adjudicated for Class A or B felonies. We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Community Supervision Officer that will become a part of the Field Operations team.
*_Responsibilities for this position will include:_*
Under supervision, supervises a full caseload of probation/parolees providing case planning and classification for purposes of tailoring supervision to an individual, conducts interviews with probation/parolees, family members, referral counselors and law enforcement personnel to determine compliance with probation/parole conditions. Investigates allegations of probation/parole violations including both technical and criminal elements. Requests and serve warrants as the situation dictates. Completes supervision reports.
* Aids in making plans for helping offenders with life adjustments.
* Counsels probationers or parolees via office visits, employment visits, telephone inquiries, community contacts and correspondence.
* Informs offenders or inmates of requirements of conditional release, such as office visits, restitution payments, or educational and employment stipulations.
* Investigates activities of probationers or parolees to ascertain their level of readjustment to society.
* Investigates background histories of probationers or parolees; review court files, police reports and other pertinent reports to gather information.
* May testify in court concerning matters pertaining to clients such as sentencing, trials, pleas and violations of probation or parole conditions.
* Monitors and conducts surveillance of probationers or parolees.
* Provides offenders or inmates with assistance in matters concerning detainees, sentences in other jurisdictions, and writs.
* Writes reports detailing clients' progress and other reports/paperwork as necessary accurately completing them within established time frame.
* Performs arrests of probationers or parolees who have violated the terms of their release, in accordance with statutory requirements.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND must meet the prerequisites and complete the Basic Law Enforcement Training Program certification. Note: Positions require that applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and meet the legal requirements for peace officers as prescribed by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.).
**Job:** **Law Enforcement*
**Organization:** **Community Supervision, Department of - DCS*
**Title:** *Community Supervision Ofc 1*
**Requisition ID:** *LAW03B7*
**Other Locations:** *GA-Murray*